PDA

View Full Version : Ex customer returning

Kevin Shirley
23-10-2006, 18:08
I used to be with NTL for TV, Phone and Broadband and I'm returning for the broadband service. The question is, will the installer be able to use the existing cables as I still have these, or will he have to use all new cables. I'm hoping that the existing cables will be used as this will be a lot quicker and easier.

I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Kevin

Chris
23-10-2006, 18:44
AFAIK there's no reason for them not to use the original cabling - presumably the original cables are all NTL-installed and haven't been tampered with?

Kevin Shirley
23-10-2006, 19:04
AFAIK there's no reason for them not to use the original cabling - presumably the original cables are all NTL-installed and haven't been tampered with?

NTL installed and I've not touched them (except to make sure I still have the cable for the cable modem). I think I'll have a happy installer. It'll take him longer to drink his cup of tea than to give me the cable modem and other bits and pieces and complete his paperwork. I haven't asked for the assisted install, where they setup the CM and get you online as I should be able to do that myself.

Kevin

Kevin Shirley
02-11-2006, 17:35
Short update

Well, used the existing cables so I had a happy installer on Tuesday. I couldn't get things going straight away though as the installer came back a few minutes later to tell me there was a network problem, not the best start. I did get everything done a few hours later. I upgraded to the 4 meg connection and that went well. All I need now is a PC with a half way decent spec to really advantage.

I also asked the installer about the PVR and he looked at the existing cabling I had for the TV (I used to have everything supplied by NTL) and it seems that's OK too so I could go back to NTL for the TV and phone and that would be an easy install as well.

Kevin