PDA

View Full Version : Current Installation Times (PE27 3 Postcode)

byron_hinson
20-10-2006, 18:32
The house we are moving into already had NTL points for both TV, Broadband and Telephone. We are looking to get Broadband and Phone yet today we were quoted a 3 week wait for an install...this isn't acceptable for me as I work on the internet and the sales guy wasn't all that helpful for me when chatting to him.

My question is, does it really take this long to get an install when no wireing work is needed? I thought it was a case of coming round with the modem, the Cable and plugging in the modem and phone.

If not I guess I'll have to go with BT instead which isn't really what I wanted to do but they are avalaible in 3 days.

quadplay
20-10-2006, 19:40
It wouldn't normally, but recent sales campaigns have resulted in unprecendented levels of installs, so some areas have been left short of installers.

Unfortunately, the fact your house has wiring doesn't necessarily mean it's just a case of plugging the modem in - the connection may have been disconnected at the street cabinet, or the signal level may need adjustment. This is why an installer is needed for all new customers, and existing customers adding new services.

byron_hinson
21-10-2006, 19:00
Thanks for the response, seems it wasn't three weeks, 5 days time I get it installed now!

quadplay
21-10-2006, 19:46
Cool - looks like there's been some more installers made available then! :D :tu:

bringerofnoise
21-10-2006, 22:31
i move into my property 28th october and won't have no phone, tele or bb till nov 9th and i design websites, i admit i'm addicted to tinternet.. knowing that this is the time frame i'm looking at i've made arrangements and will have my first real bash at diy and gardening each of which i have the same amount of knowledge as i know about astro physics lmao but it's gonna be fun "experimentin' "