PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent connection Newbury RG14

Nitrox
18-10-2006, 21:30
It seems that since NTL’s ‘network optimisation’ during the early hours of Tuesday morning affecting the Reading 2 server amongst others, my connection has run like a dog. And no engineers available till Monday (fault reported yesterday at 1500) !!!
Anyone think that it could be time to change the Terayon Terajet since the rollout of HD etc or is it likely to be something else altogether ? This is the first time for probably 4 years that I’ve ever had to contact tech support re service outages !!

Nitrox
23-10-2006, 12:52
An update; engineer called and knew before he rang the door bell what the problem was (as was evident with new modem box in his hand ;) ) changed modem, sent a text to NTL whatever department to switch MAC address over and now back in play :)

Apparently, in the early hours of Tuesday morning last week (17/10/06) NTL opened up the quarm (spelling ?!) which effectively knackered all Terayon Terajet modems out there. And, suffice to say, all those with old Terayon Terajet modems will need their's replacing, and guess what; NTL are running very low on modems..........

krak3n
24-10-2006, 02:50
awww eepp

Im living in Stevenage (SG1) and have been having intermitent connection now for weeks (well since mid summer now), I also have an old Terayon Terajet.

Spose I better call up n get a brand spanking new modem then.

:(

BurningSky
01-01-2007, 22:02
did ntl make you pay for your replacement? Im having these issues and want to get it sorted but dont see that i should pay for the replacement

Nikesh
02-01-2007, 12:58
did ntl make you pay for your replacement? Im having these issues and want to get it sorted but dont see that i should pay for the replacement

No, you shouldn't have to pay for a replacement. If you ring faults and get an engineer out to check your modem, they will almost certainly swap over a Terayon modem with a 250.