PDA

View Full Version : might be moving house.....

bringerofnoise
17-10-2006, 16:42
Hi all i might be moving house within the week i should expect ,just got to view it.

Question is how long am i going to be without my connection (just shuddered when i wrote that) is thier a fast track service? lol or am i going to be...be...without my connection for a while.

peter123reading
17-10-2006, 16:47
I recently moved house after several years of fairly reliable broadband and phone service from NTL. After 5 weeks i still have no service. I have taken 4 days off work to wait in for people. Finally after everything was connected i was told that I am a hanging house move. This apparently affects 1 in 40 people and takes 7-10 working days to fix. At least i was left with a phone line whilst I waited for broadband but today that finally dissapeared. Can we have a competition to see who is the worst treated loyal customer?

MovedGoalPosts
17-10-2006, 17:24
Peter, please see this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33602217

Bringerofnoise, you need to give reasonable notice to ntl, and their house moves team. Installations themselves often have a waiting list so I'd have thought 14 days would be at least a sensible wait. Realistically however, I'd be expecting to give a month's notice of something that fundamental, whcih accords with the ntl t&cs for effectively ending a contract (which you would be by moveing house).

Jules
17-10-2006, 17:27
Looks like a period of withdrawal is about to begin for you lol

Hope the move goes well and you are not away too long.

Psst if things get too bad go to your local library and log on ;)

gaffer_gump
17-10-2006, 17:43
Looks like a what Jules? :D

Log on in the library as well :erm: o0o errr misses.

Jules
17-10-2006, 17:52
Look stalk ermm I mean Gaffer maybe a short peroid of you having it cut off wouldn't harm ;) lol

bringerofnoise
17-10-2006, 18:12
Thanks for the replies, upto a month eh looks like im gonna be getting into diy:Yikes: to pass the time.
again thanks for the replies:tu: