PDA

View Full Version : Installation problem today

STEVE BUTT
17-10-2006, 14:35
Hi all.

Installer arrived at 11:50am to put in digital TV, im coming over from Freeview.

They split my BB cable and ran the other cable to the back of the telly cabinet. The installer fitted a Samsung box and told my wife that there is a signal loss somewhere in the line.

They went and got another Samsung box and tried it but same fault.

They say everything from the box by my front door leading into the house is OK

They opened up the cab in the street and checked that. They can't work out how to rectify the problem at this stage and will be trying the box they wanted to install at our house, in another house.

They also said they will be checking other cabs in the area to see if the fault lies with the outside network although they have been in touch with NTL and they say there is no network fault in the area.

The installer promises to come back and have this rectified today. What are the chances of that happening!?!

Worried now....

Marge
17-10-2006, 15:46
Ring C/S, explain what has happened and they can get someone in Installs to speak with the supervisor and find out whats happening with it. Saves you sat at home wondering whats going on and if anyone is gonna come back...

STEVE BUTT
17-10-2006, 16:23
Hiya,

Turns out they came good!

Bought round another Samsung box, and job done it works (or so we are told!)

Is it usual that they tell you it will take an hour for your channels to appear (other than 1,2,3 and 4?)

Liking the forum BTW think i'll stick around here for the latest info :)

Stephen
17-10-2006, 16:26
Yea the channels can take a wee while to turn up. I had my Samsung replaced with something even better today;) and the channels still aren't though

STEVE BUTT
17-10-2006, 16:48
What other boxes are available then or are we talking about another unit which may or may not be entirely legal ? ;)

Stephen
17-10-2006, 17:10
What other boxes are available then or are we talking about another unit which may or may not be entirely legal ? ;)there aren't any others available yet;) its perfectly legal seen as I work for the comany.

Clue: Telewest already have this box:D

fireman328
17-10-2006, 17:51
Yea the channels can take a wee while to turn up. I had my Samsung replaced with something even better today;) and the channels still aren't though

I wish I could get a Samsung to replace the clockwork powered PACE which seems to decide what I will be watching or not tonight. Had 2 engineers say its OK after shaking it to get all the dead electrons out. Still, it takes me back to the old days of steam radio.:bigcry:

RS100
19-10-2006, 11:23
How did you get hold of a NTL HD Tv Drive, So what is it like so far any chance of some screen shots

gadge
19-10-2006, 12:06
How did you get hold of a NTL HD Tv Drive, So what is it like so far any chance of some screen shots
prob a tester.

Stephen
19-10-2006, 13:05

Did you not see whats written in my sig?

I work for the company.