PDA

View Full Version : IP Hosting Problem

Muncey
16-10-2006, 17:27
Firstly im on NTL, im have a router (not sure what one but ill find out if i need to).

I have a few things im hosting, one being teamspeak. My local ip works fine for me to connect to but obviously nobody else can (unless there on the same network as me, which would only be my mum lol). So i tryed a few IP sites, i got 2 different ones. One being 62.** ect.. another starting with 82. The 82 one is right i think, i have it on most of the sites and i have it also on teamspeak (as you can right click the server icon and view my ips).

But I and my mates cannot connect to this ip. I have forwarded ports on my router, i can connect using my local ip but not my normal ip.

I was once told on a support forum for a radio stream thing you host on your computer that ntl has a router so that is why i and others cannot connect to my ip.

Is there anyway to find my real ip or to get it "connectable"?

Paul K
16-10-2006, 17:53
what do you get if you drop to a CMD/ DOS prompt
Start menu,
run,
type cmd and press enter.
Type
ipconfig /all
press enter.

dev
16-10-2006, 17:55
get your ip from http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/misc.php?do=connection
most sites will give you the proxy address you are forced to use

now to the port forwarding, if you are on the lan that the teamspeak server is on, just use the local ip (some routers have problems with using its wan ip from inside the lan).

finally, make sure the correct ports are forwarded and to the right local ip. if they are, check the firewall (assuming you have one) on the computer running the teamspeak server, if it's xp sp2's firewall you'll need to tell it to allow the incoming traffic is it defaultly blocks it all

Muncey
16-10-2006, 18:06
what do you get if you drop to a CMD/ DOS prompt
Start menu,
run,
type cmd and press enter.
Type
ipconfig /all
press enter.

192.168.1.101 which is my local network.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

get your ip from http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/misc.php?do=connection
most sites will give you the proxy address you are forced to use

now to the port forwarding, if you are on the lan that the teamspeak server is on, just use the local ip (some routers have problems with using its wan ip from inside the lan).

finally, make sure the correct ports are forwarded and to the right local ip. if they are, check the firewall (assuming you have one) on the computer running the teamspeak server, if it's xp sp2's firewall you'll need to tell it to allow the incoming traffic is it defaultly blocks it all

Ive used both of them ips before and had no luck, is this because of the router like you said? Im also trying to get a call of duty server up, ive got the ports forwarded and ive tryed both the ips on the link you gave me and i also tryed my local host, no luck. Even i cant join when its on my ip, same with teamspeak, i cannot join when its one of them ips only when its my local host one.