PDA

View Full Version : sloooooooow speed in Camden area, London

jhk7784
15-10-2006, 22:49
Hello guys,

It's been 3 days since I got Telewest 10mb broadband.
Since the connection i have been getting download speeds of only 20~30kb/s. This is absolutely unacceptable. I called up the customer service and was told that there was a reported problem in my area since 26th of sept and it's a top priority so that it would be fixed 'soon' which I think they're just bullSh**ing. are there any other users in camden area NW1 to be more precise who's experiencing the same problem as I am? I have tried everything but the speed just won't go up. Any help or reports would help. Thanks alot guys.

The Jackal
16-10-2006, 00:36
Whats your access point name SSID ? I'll check it for you if you like ;)

Feverdog
16-10-2006, 11:01
I have replied to 2 other posts about this problem. I am also in the Camden area and was using a 10MB connection and getting the same download speeds as you as far back as July. Calls to tech support were greeted with the usual "must be spyware" answer.
Having moved to a different flat in the same building and signed up for the 2MB service, download speeds are back to normal at around 250kb/s.
We need a straight answer from Telewest about this 10MB problem as it is totally frustrating and just feels like we are banging our heads against a wall!!

jhk7784
23-10-2006, 15:53
Whats your access point name SSID ? I'll check it for you if you like ;)

SSID is linksys i don't use wireless though.

node
23-10-2006, 22:42
I've been getting appaling speeds on my 10MB line in Kingston, ditto a friend in Hampton. We're talking 80kps tops on FTP or Xbox Live demo downloads - the latter is particularly frustrating since I can't use a download manager to at least speed it up somewhat.

Just spent a worthless hour on the phone doing the usual configuration test BS despite my protests, then the line cut off. I've sent a frosty contact form letter to tech support, doubt that will go anywhere. Bloody dreadful. I'll be moving in a couple of months and Telewest is the last place I'll be looking for a new net connection. I really doubt it's worth banging my head against the wall on this one but I'm determined to try a bit longer and try practicing the black art of escalation.

NoKnowledge
24-10-2006, 00:53
I've been getting appaling speeds on my 10MB line...We're talking 80kps tops on FTP or Xbox Live demo downloads

Here, here

I really doubt it's worth banging my head against the wall on this one but I'm determined to try a bit longer and try practicing the black art of escalation.

Oooooh, sounds nice. Let us know how you get on