PDA

View Full Version : Weird issues

Adcuz
15-10-2006, 21:32
A few days ago, my road was hit by lightning, when that happened the internet connection (NTL 4mb on Samsung STB) died, the tv still worked.

The engineer came out and replaced the stb, i went thorugh the normal thing of registering a computer etc, internet was working, then the connection was intermittently dying for 24 hours until this morning it finally died, I checked the router, i couldnt access the config page, tried rebooting stuff and all that i could think of, i then came to the conclusion that the router was dead, so i changed it for a new one, got it set up, all is fine, it even says it is connected to the internet but when i check the WAN stats, it says that my WAN ip is 10.101.106.* and i know this is right because all NTL addresses start with 81, and i have been trying to fix it all day, i am really confused, i have tried rebooting the STB, router pc and everything and i am really getting annoyed with it, maybe i need the STB changed agaib :mad:

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Just to clarify, I still can't access the internet

dev
15-10-2006, 21:45
wont you need to re-register the router as it'll have a different mac address to the old one. if you can, try and find the mac address for the wan port of the old router and somewhere in the new router's config page you should be able to change it's mac to match the old one

Adcuz
15-10-2006, 21:53
Dev, thanks for your advice, this worked a treat, i appreciate it very much, thank you!

I gave you pos rep.

KevAmiga
16-10-2006, 01:42
If you still have problems.. let me know. Sometimes the STB's get a little confused and stick back to a 10x IP address... no problem tho.

Kev

dev
16-10-2006, 02:57
Dev, thanks for your advice, this worked a treat, i appreciate it very much, thank you!

I gave you pos rep.

np and thanks :tu: