PDA

View Full Version : How's this for service?

Damo
15-10-2006, 04:46
I live on 14th floor of a tower block and below is a chronical of recent events:

Wed 20th Sept - Broadband stops working

Fri 22nd Sept - Still broke, ring ntl and arrange for a technician to visit

Mon 25th Sept - Technician arrives but "hasn't brought the right keys with me to open the lockbox on the 13th floor and do the 5 minute job" - promises to be back within 48 hours to do the necessary.

Wed 27th Sept - Broadband still f*cked - I ring ntl who have no record of the complaint - send a technician the following day

Thur 28th Spet - Technician arrives, this time with lock box key and "does the necessary" - still no joy. He decides a new cable from the 13th floor lockbox to my flat is needed - rings head office to arrange - get given date repir will happen...

Tues 3rd Oct - Nobody turns up. Ring ntl and explain that technician hasn't arrived and also inform the geezer on the phone what the problem is - he assures me that a technician will be there to do the necessary on the...

Thurs 5th Oct - Technician arrives and I tell him the problem - apparently he isn't the man for the job - he rings head office to arrange for the right people to come and do the repair. I get given a date of...

Sat 14th Oct - Nobody turns up. Ring ntl who inform me that the appointment was cancelled in Tuesday and that I was informed. I wasn't informed. I get assurances from some customer service woman that "the gentleman who deals with this sort of thing will ring you later today". Still heard nothing.

Short of blowing up every ntl van I happen to see, what would you advise i do?

I'm considering going onto BT, throwing my modem out of my 14th floor window and burning down my local ntl office.:)

KaySquirrel
15-10-2006, 11:20
Quite an adventure you're having so far, isn't it? As a fellow NTL client who has been entertained by their crazy antics in the past, I give you my sympthy and a :welcome: to Cable Forum!

I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can be of some real help, sit tight! :)

popper
15-10-2006, 14:09
I live on 14th floor of a tower block and below is a chronical of recent events:

Wed 20th Sept - Broadband stops working

Fri 22nd Sept - Still broke, ring ntl and arrange for a technician to visit

Mon 25th Sept - Technician arrives but "hasn't brought the right keys with me to open the lockbox on the 13th floor and do the 5 minute job" - promises to be back within 48 hours to do the necessary.

Wed 27th Sept - Broadband still f*cked - I ring ntl who have no record of the complaint - send a technician the following day

Thur 28th Spet - Technician arrives, this time with lock box key and "does the necessary" - still no joy. He decides a new cable from the 13th floor lockbox to my flat is needed - rings head office to arrange - get given date repir will happen...

Tues 3rd Oct - Nobody turns up. Ring ntl and explain that technician hasn't arrived and also inform the geezer on the phone what the problem is - he assures me that a technician will be there to do the necessary on the...

Thurs 5th Oct - Technician arrives and I tell him the problem - apparently he isn't the man for the job - he rings head office to arrange for the right people to come and do the repair. I get given a date of...

Sat 14th Oct - Nobody turns up. Ring ntl who inform me that the appointment was cancelled in Tuesday and that I was informed. I wasn't informed. I get assurances from some customer service woman that "the gentleman who deals with this sort of thing will ring you later today". Still heard nothing.

Short of blowing up every ntl van I happen to see, what would you advise i do?

I'm considering going onto BT, throwing my modem out of my 14th floor window and burning down my local ntl office.:)

:welcome:

sounds like you need to start writing letters rather than using the phone as that seems to get a better response and you then have written proof if you need it later .

seeing as you 'live on 14th floor of a tower block' that would be a great place to setup a master backbone,free community MESH wireless network and have your mates on ground level supply the feeds ;)

http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/roofnet/doku.php
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/roofnet/doku.php?id=wgt634u
http://www.roofnet.net/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_network

Damo
17-10-2006, 02:30
Writing letters?

I might just print off a copy of my original post and tag on the end:

"if you think I'm paying this month's bill you can whistle, now get somebody here to fix it pronto" :)

Stuart
17-10-2006, 09:40
Damo, :welcome: to CableForum. The site has contacts within NTL who can sort out this sort of problem.

If you PM me your Name, Address, account number and a contact phone number, I can refer your problem to them.

Damo
19-10-2006, 03:05
Damo, :welcome: to CableForum. The site has contacts within NTL who can sort out this sort of problem.

If you PM me your Name, Address, account number and a contact phone number, I can refer your problem to them.

Cheers pal, much appreciated. Thing is I rang them again yesterday to be told that the fault is unrepairable as it would involve "ripping out the wiring in all the flats on my floor". I just told em to disconnect it and they agreed to waiver the 30 days notice period and refund me 1 month's internet charge.

I'm still gonna write a letter though, if it wasn't for the fact that I can't get a good TV picture I'd have cancelled my cable TV and phone line too. :mad:

I'm gonna ring BT and if they can put a phone line in I'm cancelling my phone but unfortunately I'm stuck with the cable TV.

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

Done. Cheers pal :)

Damo
21-10-2006, 02:46
Getting a BT phone line put in next week so should be up and running with BT Broadband within a fortnight.

Cheers ntl, another customer lost.

MovedGoalPosts
21-10-2006, 11:50
If ntl are refusing to repair the fault to you - it's irrelevant to you that it would disrupt others to do it, or indeed the cost, they are breaching their contract. At the very least you should be entitled to immediate termination of all ntl services, at no cost to you, and reimbusrsement of all costs associated with your transferring or installing alternative services.

Take Stuart up on his offer for this to be escalated to our contacts.

Damo
22-10-2006, 05:22
If ntl are refusing to repair the fault to you - it's irrelevant to you that it would disrupt others to do it, or indeed the cost, they are breaching their contract. At the very least you should be entitled to immediate termination of all ntl services, at no cost to you, and reimbusrsement of all costs associated with your transferring or installing alternative services.

Take Stuart up on his offer for this to be escalated to our contacts.

I thought that they might be in breach of contract.

I've pm'd stuart my details and I'd be very interested to hear what his contacts have to say as I really didn't want all the agro of transfering to BT, I've already been charged a 50 quid deposit to get a phone line:mad:

hairy_mick
22-10-2006, 07:01
hang on did you say your cable tv worked ok if thats the case then there is nothiing rong with your cable.

Damo
23-10-2006, 05:07
hang on did you say your cable tv worked ok if thats the case then there is nothiing rong with your cable.

It's watchable pal but only since they boosted it to the max when engineer number 2 put the boost up as high as possible.

Still not high enough to get broadband tho :mad:

Since I last posted I've had a word with a solicitor who says ntl have breached their contract so they have to either:

1) Fix the problem, or
2) Pay up for breaching their contract

I'm hoping the mods I have PM'ed will pass my problem onto someone at ntl that can help but I don't hold out any hope tbh :o:

In fact I find the mods here as useful as ntl customer service reps... ie, all mouth and no action :(

hairy_mick
23-10-2006, 06:22
ok m8 are you the only person with this problem on your floor it could be a faulty tap bank did the engineer change all the f/cons and change the isolator
before condeming the cable.