PDA

View Full Version : installation/upgrade?

dragon
13-10-2006, 17:46
My nan is getting her anolouge tv changed for digital and also having broadband put in.

Now im guessing for the tv all their do is change the STB for a digital one, but for the broadband she'd want it at the other end of the room where the pc is, will ntl install it there.

Its not a major problem if they don't as id just slap a wireless router in for them but it would be a lot easier if ntl will be able to put the BB at the end of the room where the computer is. Sales seemed to indicate that they could.

Also will shes worried about having to move furniture, if they do put a wallpoint in for BB modem at that end of the room will they want everything in the room moved or would they go around the side of the house on the outside wall then drill though the back wall (which is right near the pc)

i'm going to try and be there on the installation date perticually as my nan doesn't know anything about computers/internet (its my uncle that wanted the internet put in, as he lives there to)

might have fun teaching her how to use the digibox shes a bit of a technophobe :help:

lostandconfused
13-10-2006, 17:49
the tech will pretty much put it where you want with in reason, if your there when he arrives, you can have a chat and find the best place to put it that will be acceptable for your nan

quadplay
13-10-2006, 17:50
Yes, the installer should place the modem wherever it's wanted, as long as the cable can reach! They'll use whichever route is easiest to get to the other side of the room - if that means going outside then so be it, but the furniture might need to be moved if going outside is unfeasible.