PDA

View Full Version : Why can I still not get broadband and not be told when!

lee b
13-10-2006, 16:35
HELP I am an NTL customer and for over a year I have been told different things on different occassions I couldn't get broadband and then I could so an engineer was booked, never turned up, found out order was cancelled as I can't get get BB. Thats alright I'll just sit in all day, no need to tell me. Over following few months pushed from Pillar to post Answers: don't know when, Should get it in two months, don't know, no plans try in a month and the latest, definately by the end of the year NTL big plan and surprise surprise called up to check last week, Load of rubbish and they have no idea when. What am I to do:Yikes: trying to be calm but can't do anything with dial up and feel like a caveman can anyone help How can I find out if broadband will ever be put in to my area!!!!!!!

Lee b

Marge
13-10-2006, 16:36
Whereabouts do you live ?

lee b
13-10-2006, 16:38
pinner middlesex not exactly Patagonia (Although they probably get 10mb as standard)

Gopher
13-10-2006, 16:39
HELP I am an NTL customer and for over a year I have been told different things on different occassions I couldn't get broadband and then I could so an engineer was booked, never turned up, found out order was cancelled as I can't get get BB. Thats alright I'll just sit in all day, no need to tell me. Over following few months pushed from Pillar to post Answers: don't know when, Should get it in two months, don't know, no plans try in a month and the latest, definately by the end of the year NTL big plan and surprise surprise called up to check last week, Load of rubbish and they have no idea when. What am I to do:Yikes: trying to be calm but can't do anything with dial up and feel like a caveman can anyone help How can I find out if broadband will ever be put in to my area!!!!!!!

Lee b

Blimey Do You live in the Harrow Area as Well!!!!!!? and are still waiting to sample There "Award Winning Broadband" ?

lee b
13-10-2006, 16:43
Award winning I see you are a comedian!!;)

Paul K
13-10-2006, 16:44
Did they say what award though???? ;)

lee b
13-10-2006, 16:46
sell you a package and leave you up the swaney Award

Gopher
13-10-2006, 16:54
Did they say what award though???? ;)

The Award for Buying Virgin and Not even able to supply there own Broadband

monkey2468
13-10-2006, 16:59
Blimey Do You live in the Harrow Area as Well!!!!!!? and are still waiting to sample There "Award Winning Broadband" ?
The London upgrades are not for off being complete. So it won't be long.;)

Gopher
13-10-2006, 17:05
The London upgrades are not for off being complete. So it won't be long.;)

HA HA HA
NTL have been saying that for at least 4 years!!!

and yet they can afford to By Virgin!!?

monkey2468
13-10-2006, 17:10
HA HA HA
NTL have been saying that for at least 4 years!!!

and yet they can afford to By Virgin!!?
They only started upgrading last year. Quite a lot of the upgrades are complete, and a lot of areas around you are now saleable for broadband. Its not instantanious. If you now have interactive, then it will be soon.

lee b
13-10-2006, 19:52
I understand that it won't happen overnight but someonein NTL must know or be arsed to find out information as to when or what the nearest area to me on NTL has broadband. No one in CS can be bothered to find out. I am now getting somewhere but very slowly and I am very Tenacious so how how the hell can weak people sort it I'll never know!!

lostandconfused
13-10-2006, 20:02
ok firstly its not that customer services cant be bothered, its that they have as much info as you do, customer services have no access at all to any planned network improvements.
we can give you an idea based upon new services that have recently become available in or around your area but that is it...

MPH
28-05-2007, 14:44
Hello , new member based v near Pinner I have the 10Mb package & have have BB since the I think 512k service ( telewest then ) still waiting for 20Mb ?? and as others have suffered with fluctuating speeds it seems since VM took over.

xspeedyx
28-05-2007, 15:26
Hello , new member based v near Pinner I have the 10Mb package & have have BB since the I think 512k service ( telewest then ) still waiting for 20Mb ?? and as others have suffered with fluctuating speeds it seems since VM took over.

It was a name change the netowrk hasnt been affected

MPH
28-05-2007, 19:33
It was a name change the network hasn't been affected

Hmmm this might be the case but in which case it's a coincidence that in the last few months the service has deteriorated .. under telewest the service was rock solid always. I have recently spoken to VM to ask if there is a problem & apparently everything is fine. Running various speed test in the past I never saw below 9Mbs . now I regularly get below 5Mbs & to be honest I don't really care if this is related to the VM re-branding I'm now getting a less reliable service. :0(