PDA

View Full Version : ntl business upgrade

Gurb
13-10-2006, 12:40
Anybody know when ntl business cable modem users are to get a speed upgrade?

I have called customer services several times about it and they don't seem to know either.

Still stuck on a miserly 1Mbp (claimed 1.5Mbp) down and 256Kbp upload. Its a faster upload that I want.

co103
13-10-2006, 15:47
Hi There,

There are currently no upgrades due for NTL:Telewest Business Customers. This is not to say that management are not planning it.

Keep watching these pages and as soon as it is possible, they will be posted up to date with this information.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful at this moment in time.:)

APS
13-10-2006, 17:31
I have been phoning up NTL about when they planned to upgrade the business service every couple of months for well over a year and was promised on several occasions something was on the cards and even given dates when it would happen. Nothing did, despite two steps of upgrades for domestic customers. The business support staff seem equally frustrated as they are fed up with waiting, giving out false promises and also loosing business.

In the end they offered a reduced rental to keep us online and we spent the difference in getting an 8 M ADSL Max line installed, so NTL now just acts as a backup.

The irony of all this is that Telewest offer higher speeds to their business customers (up to 4 Mbit) for similar prices NTL business customers pay for 1..1.5 Mbits.

If they don't pull their finger out they will loose all their business cable customers I would think...or maybe that is the intention, perhaps hoping to get them to upgrade to leased lines!

APS

Gurb
13-10-2006, 22:12
I believe they may be planning on selling the business or part of the business. Why else wouldn't they upgrade or keep their customers informed?

I too have been hearing that an upgrade is coming soon. I started this thread to see if anybody had heard different. Now that I know there are no plans whatsoever I will change to ADSL Max, shame really I could do without the connection costs and the hassle of installing new equipment, but that what I shall have to do just to get an extra 512Kbp increase for my uploads.

APS
26-10-2006, 14:02
After seeing that NTL have just redone their business website which included mention of 4 Mbit broadband, I gave them a call. When I got through to NTL (rather than Telewest who speak from a different script). I was told changes are afoot and new speeds will be available in 6-8 weeks. He said we would receive notification about this shortly beforehand. He mentioned speeds up to 8 Mbit/s

APS

Gurb
31-10-2006, 20:46
I think the reference to 4Mbit broadband is misleading. Four Mbit is the broadband package/speed currently available to telewest customers. ntl:telewest as a combined business can state that as a service that they offer, they just don't happen to mention where.

But I am not sure what the ntl representative meant when he mentioned upgrades were in the pipeline.