PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorm 11/10 and downtime

Andy M
12-10-2006, 23:15
Did anyone suffer loss of internet from about 11am up to around teatime-ish yesterday (11/10/06)??

All i remember is a flash of lightning during the thunderstorm and all electric went off, came back on, but the internet remained down until late in the afternoon (sync light flashing and no ip address found). Cable tv was also down too.
Im in Bolton by the way.

Andy

Maggy
12-10-2006, 23:58
Similar situation being discussed here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=34135737#post34135737

Not the same time frame and not the same area but relevent.I'm wondering why this is happening too often lately.

monkey2468
13-10-2006, 00:17
Did anyone suffer loss of internet from about 11am up to around teatime-ish yesterday (11/10/06)??

All i remember is a flash of lightning during the thunderstorm and all electric went off, came back on, but the internet remained down until late in the afternoon (sync light flashing and no ip address found). Cable tv was also down too.
Im in Bolton by the way.

Andy

I've been looking after your area (as in network issues/outages) for the last few days, and the lightening yesterday morning created about 16 network outages (blown network psu's/amps.rcds tripped). However there was about 20 times more faults booked for blown modem psu's and STB's requiring servicecalls. If your service came back after the network outage was fixed, then you are lucky! ;) Whole streets are without tv, broadband, and telephone. Lightening is a bugger!

By all accounts it was a hell of a storm!!:)

Odd having a storm in the morning, normally an afternoon thing!:confused:

As a bit of advise, if there is a storm, unplug your phone, modem, and STB!