PDA

View Full Version : Phone line dead

fudge
12-10-2006, 22:00
Just got home from work to find my phone line dead. Tried phoning my number with my mobile to see what happens and all i get is an engaged signall and line busy appears on my phone. I will have to ring ntl on my mobil tomorrow.

MovedGoalPosts
12-10-2006, 22:14
Wonder who has just got ntl in your street :erm:

hairy_mick
12-10-2006, 22:18
Hi fudge do you have any other phones in the house maybe one is off hook try any other phone in master on its own.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

yer thats possiable maybe there using your phone line try ringing it again if some one answers then they are.

fudge
13-10-2006, 08:19
Its friday morning , still no phone . Tried pluging in a different phone but still no joy. Am now waiting for ntl to open. Will keep you informed.
Yes tried ringing it all i get is an engadged tone

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 ----------

I have just phoned ntl , spoke to a very polite lady. Was told it could be a fault at ntl end so i have to wait 48 hours to see if it comes back on. If its not then the engineer will ring me on my mobil to arrange something else .
I got through straight away and the call cost me £1.26 which i thought was good as i read reports on here of others spending many pounds while phoning with there mobile. Fingers crossed it gets sorted out over the weekend.

RAJ
13-10-2006, 09:01
No obvious network outages that I can see here, if you want to give me your number I could check it on the local switch and network equipment.

Probably won't get it fixed any quicker but I may be able to narrow down where the fault is.

fudge
13-10-2006, 12:38
10 AM got line back , i can now make outgoing calls but cannot receive calls. Phoned back ntl waited 15 mins. to be told i have to phone back later as there checking equipment is down.

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

RAJ i have sent a pm to you thanks

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

12.30 was on phone to ntl they called me back and alls working well , dont know what happened there .