PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Support

Paul
09-10-2006, 19:18
People who complain about how long ntl take to answer the phone might be interested in how long it took Virgin today.

My daughters SIM seems to have died a death, so I rang Virgin this morning. After the usual "Dial 1 for this, 2 for that" which took almost 2 minutes before I got to the required option, it then took another 12 minutes for someone to answer ( Still, at least I could press 1 to change the music while I waited :dozey: ). A total of almost 14 minutes to speak to someone. :erm: I've never waited that long to get through to ntl support.

BTW, no complaints about the service when I did finally get through, and a replacement SIM is in the post. :)

Druchii
09-10-2006, 20:04
Nice :) Virgin lways seemed to be really quick with me, i just jammed 00000000 in the one once though, got me through to a rep pretty quick :p:

Shouldn't have done it, i know. But it was nearing 1am, i forgot why i needed to ring them now though :/

Wait, i wanted my phone unlocking. But why at 1am i thought this was a good time i have no idea.

Hugh
09-10-2006, 20:12
Nice :)

Virgin always seemed to be really quick with me, i just jammed 00000000 in the one once though ... snip ....

. But why at 1am i thought this was a good time i have no idea.

Am I the only one who finds this funny from a 17 year old? ;) (no disrespect, Druchii)

Druchii
09-10-2006, 20:13
Am I the only one who finds this funny from a 17 year old? ;) (no disrespect, Druchii)
No offence taken, but i fail to see why it's funny? Ok, 1am is not the best time, but hey.

Hugh
09-10-2006, 20:36
No offence taken, but i fail to see why it's funny? Ok, 1am is not the best time, but hey.

Sorry, Druchii, it is just that I have a puerile, immature sense of humour, and a 17 year old posting about -

jamming it in just the once at 1 am,
and
Virgin(s) being pretty quick for you

It amused me - sorry :dunce:

Druchii
09-10-2006, 20:40
Sorry, Druchii, it is just that I have a puerile, immature sense of humour, and a 17 year old posting about -

jamming it in just the once at 1 am,
and
Virgin(s) being pretty quick for you

It amused me - sorry :dunce:
Pfffft. Bad humour indeed.

lauzjp
10-10-2006, 01:23
:Yikes: foreverwar - outragousness! I must conceed I giggled too at Druchii's post. :D

I like Virgin, I think we will swap back when we've been on vodafone for a year or whatever it is, and then get phones unlocked properly rather than have any problems with backstreet stall merchants... :erm:

Stuart
10-10-2006, 09:44
People who complain about how long ntl take to answer the phone might be interested in how long it took Virgin today.

My daughters SIM seems to have died a death, so I rang Virgin this morning. After the usual "Dial 1 for this, 2 for that" which took almost 2 minutes before I got to the required option, it then took another 12 minutes for someone to answer ( Still, at least I could press 1 to change the music while I waited :dozey: ). A total of almost 14 minutes to speak to someone. :erm: I've never waited that long to get through to ntl support.

BTW, no complaints about the service when I did finally get through, and a replacement SIM is in the post. :)

Sounds about par for the course bearing in mind my own dealings with Virgin Call centres (Mobile, Trains and Atlantic). Beats me why people think that NTL's service is going to improve when it is rebranded as Virgin.

Edit: Apart from the fact that when I spoke to Virgin Trains, the call centre were no help whatsoever, and the fact that the operator at Virgin Mobile spent his whole time trying to blame me for my sister's voicemail not working (Funny how it started working soon after the call though).

Saaf_laandon_mo
10-10-2006, 10:32
Virgin Support??!! for a minute I thought this was a self help group ;)

Druchii
10-10-2006, 13:51
Virgin Support??!! for a minute I thought this was a self help group ;)
Must admit seeing it in my Inbox today made me jump a little, til i saw the cable forum bit about it :p:

LixeL
11-10-2006, 19:12
Couple or three times i've called Virgin mobile and Virgin net and each time was answered within a minute and the service was 10/10.

(As compared to experience with NTL phone CS being -10,000,000/10)

Stuart
11-10-2006, 20:44
I don't know if they provide the support (I think they do), but Virgin.net is operated by NTL.

Paul
11-10-2006, 21:03
JFYI, I had to ring them again today, as the new SIM would not work (!). This time it only took about 5 minutes to get through.