PDA

View Full Version : Little help getting my PS2 online, anyone?

JoeCrow
09-10-2006, 02:12
I have a slim PS2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and an NTL Broadband connection.

Step 1. I yank the 'phone cable' type cable out of the modem.
Step 2. I note the lack of connection to the PC, reassuring me that this is indeed the cable which carries the connection to the internet.
Step 3. I shove this cable into the back of the slim PS2.
Step 4. I boot up MGS3:S and go through the online mode options until I am prompted to test my connection.
Step 5. I see that the slim PS2 reacts to this cable the same way it would react to me not doing the above steps. It doesn't even recognise that there is a network cable in it!

My PS2, gaming TV and PC are all in the same place so I don't need a router and I'm not fussed about using the internet on my PC while I'm using it on a console. I just want to know why this method, which should definitely work, doesn't?

Druchii
09-10-2006, 07:48
Inbetween steps 1 and 3, power off the cable modem and start it up again (simply pull the power on it for 25 seconds r so)

The modem will "forget" it was conected to the PC, and will now remember it's attached to the PS2. Same thing when you want to reconnect the PC :)

Saaf_laandon_mo
09-10-2006, 09:06
dont you also need to set up stuff (i.e ur internet connection) using the network access disk?