PDA

View Full Version : Something reeks in Playstation 3 land

TheBlueRaja
05-10-2006, 16:16
Check this out...

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34858

Now here we are, what, a month away from release of PS3 in Japan and the States and even at a big developers conference there's not a PS3 in sight only a PC running the PS3 games.

I'm predicting it wont make the release date, something's up...

DocDutch
05-10-2006, 16:40
1 of the last snippits of news I heard was that there was something smelling from the PS3 namely a burning smell....cant find the link anymore but will have a look if I can find it.

TheBlueRaja
05-10-2006, 17:00
1 of the last snippits of news I heard was that there was something smelling from the PS3 namely a burning smell....cant find the link anymore but will have a look if I can find it.

It was to do with the Tokyo game show, where there were about 20 odd PS3's on display (actual ones apparently) however they kept on overheating and needed reseting.

Sony said this was due to the temperature in the building combined with having 20 of them so close together IIRC. :shrug:

DocDutch
05-10-2006, 17:28
well then there are 2 smells at the Game Expo in Tokyo... burning smell and the smell of B-S by Sony :P

TheBlueRaja
05-10-2006, 17:39
I wouldn't say that just yet, i still think despite all the negative press the PS3 will sell bucketloads.

Im just thinking it might not make Crimbo and if it does it will be in a smaller number than they are letting on.

JoeCrow
09-10-2006, 02:19
It'll certainly sell well by name power alone, but that doesn't guarantee the hardware will be perfect. Looking at the crappy quality of it's predecessors over time, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the PS3 had problems.

Weird really, considering every non-game console Sony product has been top notch.

laxity
03-11-2006, 17:20
It'll certainly sell well by name power alone, but that doesn't guarantee the hardware will be perfect. Looking at the crappy quality of it's predecessors over time, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the PS3 had problems.

Weird really, considering every non-game console Sony product has been top notch.

I wouldn't say that. Sony has had quality problems in the past like any other company. Sony Vega TV's for one and the current Sony laptop battery saga for another.

DocDutch
03-11-2006, 19:11
something more for the PS3 lovers....you might find yourself with a hefty electricity bill as the unit uses about 380w of power :)

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/sony_playstation_3_further_details.php

timewarrior2001
03-11-2006, 20:39
hmmm

Heard a lot of rumours about Sony's Pretty **** 3.

None changeable rechargeable batteries in wireless controllers, £35 each when they wont hold charge anymore.

Developers complaining its a pain in the ass to work with.

the price being insanely high

****ing off the European market

And this from a company who are still reeling from the root kit fiasco.

Come on Sony bring it on ya schmucks