PDA

View Full Version : Broadband error partially solved via proxy

york
03-10-2006, 18:56
Hi all

Im having a few problems with my ntl broadband, the problem started today as everything was working fine last night.

I was having problems accessing certain website and game servers, they would just come up with page cannot be found, so i called NTL (indian callcenter) :td: and the tech support guy told me to enter an ip address into the proxy server section in internet options which seems to have solved all my web site issues, however i still cannot access game servers at all.

I did try to explain to the NTL guy on the phone that this was the case but his responce was 'NTL dont support online gaming' i could barely understand him so i wasnt going to argue. :mad:

Im just baffled as to why this has only partially solved my problem and was hoping that maybe some of you guys could shed some light on this? :confused:

Kaelic
03-10-2006, 19:07
Do you live in Lincoln? I've had some problem, through my own fiddling found I could browse all the sites on a seperate NTL proxy. Speaking to others in Lincoln with same problems, theirs went away about mid-day, they all have different gateways to me, my entire house is on the same gateway and DHCP server, all broke. I tried manually changing gateways, doesn't work, can't change DHCP server. So here I sit, sad, unable to play Warcraft :p

I don't feel like sitting on the phone for 2 hours to speak to some indian lady about how I have infact made sure it wasn't my PC settings and it's their fault.

york
03-10-2006, 19:08
ah never mind, i found a post in the other forum, there is an error in the LN (postcode Lincoln) area which is due to be fixed soon. :D

Kaelic
03-10-2006, 19:09
oo, where is this post? I haven't seen anything!

york
03-10-2006, 19:13
Do you live in Lincoln? I've had some problem, through my own fiddling found I could browse all the sites on a seperate NTL proxy. Speaking to others in Lincoln with same problems, theirs went away about mid-day, they all have different gateways to me, my entire house is on the same gateway and DHCP server, all broke. I tried manually changing gateways, doesn't work, can't change DHCP server. So here I sit, sad, unable to play Warcraft :p

I don't feel like sitting on the phone for 2 hours to speak to some indian lady about how I have infact made sure it wasn't my PC settings and it's their fault.

Lol, yep i am, the other post says its due to be fixed this evening (sometime) and ditto lol i wanna play WoW aswell!

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

here ya go..
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33601586

my girlfriend also said that the tech support line confirms this with the pre recorded messages.

Kaelic
03-10-2006, 19:41
My guild is currently doing C'thun without me, damn them, why is this taking so long? So annoying.

york
03-10-2006, 21:59
still no joy here, although the bbc website seems to be working now, it wasnt before, unfortunatly none of the other websites i was having problems with are working. hope they fix this soon too but ive a feeling this problem will be fixed overnight or tomorrow.