PDA

View Full Version : NTL mess up my install date up

RS100
02-10-2006, 16:13
Signed up for NTL broadband & Telephone online and it gave me a install date for this thurday 5/10/2006

So i phone ntl to confirm today that they are coming and they have no record of my install so what a waste of time that was, So then they put another order through and they said they would give me a discount for 12 months because i was messed about and then i got cut off:mad: so i called back again and then they had no record of the discount and now i have to wait untill the 18/10/2006 for the install:mad: and no discount:mad: ,

The thing is that p*** me off is i booked time of work this thursday and my bt line will be cut of this thursday:mad: so i got to wait another 13 days because of NTL'S mess up:mad: ,

Could any of the ntl contacts on here help me as i do not want to book a day off work again for no reson and want to confirm they will be out to me on the 18/10/2006 this time,

SHAME ON YOU NTL,

opelfruitcase
02-10-2006, 18:21
1. The second agent you spoke to, while there may have been no record of the discount being discussed should have offered something anyway.

2. The discount may indeed have been on to the account and the second agent may have just not noticed it.

3. Regarding the installation, I'm sure it says somewhere when your choosing the date for install that it is subject to confirmation? This confirmation normally comes in the form of a text message if you supplied a mobile contact number at the time of ordering - failing that written confirmation of this is normally sent in the post IIRC.

RS100
02-10-2006, 22:25
I gave my mobile number but no one called all i got was a email a few days ago with Reference Number, And when i called ntl they said they can not track:confused: what is the point in ntl having a online ordering system if it don't work:confused:

It is like ordering a pizza from dominos pizza online giveing you card details and waiting for it and it don't turn up,

What i would like to know is what happend to my details i gave online as i gave my payment details online to ntl,

But i know now to hold NTL responsible if my payment details fall in to the wrong hands,

1. The second agent you spoke to, while there may have been no record of the discount being discussed should have offered something anyway.

2. The discount may indeed have been on to the account and the second agent may have just not noticed it.

3. Regarding the installation, I'm sure it says somewhere when your choosing the date for install that it is subject to confirmation? This confirmation normally comes in the form of a text message if you supplied a mobile contact number at the time of ordering - failing that written confirmation of this is normally sent in the post IIRC.

opelfruitcase
03-10-2006, 08:49
But i know now to hold NTL responsible if my payment details fall in to the wrong hands,

While it shouldn't be something that affects you and that you shouldn't need to be concerned with, if the call had been routed through to sales support or back office online sales entry, they would have (and probably still have) a record of your order. As you we're just passed through to sales then clearly the sales agent decided to process the order him/herself as this would have been an extra sale towards their targets (thats what a sales job is about after all).

The details won't fall into the wrong hands - the back office online sales team will simply have discarded the order as they would have noticed that a seperate account will now have been set up. The team in question have also been inundated recently, which is meaning delays of up to two weeks before they are booking anything in - work is in progress to clear this backlog.