PDA

View Full Version : Phone Faults

alanh
02-10-2006, 09:49
Yesterday for the 8th time in just over a year my phone line went dead:mad: Rang this morning and have got an engineer due out tomorrow (tues 3 Oct). But what is the point of having a telephone line which seems to be out of order so often?

Alan

opelfruitcase
02-10-2006, 11:29
Yesterday for the 8th time in just over a year my phone line went dead:mad: Rang this morning and have got an engineer due out tomorrow (tues 3 Oct). But what is the point of having a telephone line which seems to be out of order so often?

Alan

All depends what the reasons are for it not working on this and previous occasions - if its pretty much the same reasons each time then either you've been unfortunate to have lazy techs each time, but more likely I'm guessing its that the pairs in the cabinet are falling out or are crossing, either through them not being fixed in tightly or by the cabinet being vandalised.

alanh
02-10-2006, 11:54
Reasons are varied. One one occasion needed a cable pull, but this took about a month and 4 visits to arrange, on another 3 occasions were as you describe and on yet another it was faulty wiring inside the property.

alanh
06-10-2006, 14:38
So no one turns up on Tuesday 3, so ring to find out why and am told that it wasn't booked through. So visit rearranged for today Friday am and guess what still no sign, ring again to be told that there was an outage in my area and engineer rang me to say he would not be attending only instead of ringing me on my mobile number, they ring on my house phone!!!!!! Have rebooked for this afternoon, but can't say I hold out much hope.