PDA

View Full Version : Area Based Power Cut, Now No Service

IanGuy
29-09-2006, 09:21
Yesterday in Cardiff we had an area based power cut for 4 hours approx, (Danescourt). I rang CS today regarding Broadband and DTV (phone line is fine) but I was put through to India to be told "it is your tv sir, please retune" - absolutely bloody pathetic, scarts don't need tuning and I can see the Operating System on the box..

Cable modem has just the Downstream light blinking fast, no sync and no rdy. Definitely linked to the power outage; but the guy on the phone really annoyed me and was obviously reading from a script - why would it be a problem with my scarts if broadband is unavailable too? He went on to say "if you have a problem with your broadband sir, I can direct you to another person but I am here to sort out your TV. I hang up on him, I was already in a rush to get to work and simply couldn't be bothered with all the lame checks he was asking me to perform.

Anybody from NTL find out anything about the Danescourt area in Cardiff? I bet they're going to get alot of calls about it. Usually I get through to Swansea and am pretty happy with the person on the end, as they actually listen to your problem rather than going through the stupid routine.

The person also asked me for my "password" which I know is not set, he obviously had no clue.

opelfruitcase
29-09-2006, 10:27
Sounds like you got through to faults (Which deal with dtv and telco) rather than broadband tech support.

There are some new Indian guys who are employed by IBM working for faults these days, but they've only been live a few weeks so are still relatively inexperienced.

opelfruitcase
30-09-2006, 01:12
Suprised there haven't been any more replies to this. Anyway, if your still having a problem then you know the easy answer.... move to Swansea instead haha!