PDA

View Full Version : dropping phone service after 12 months

dgr1577
15-08-2005, 16:08
sorry is this has been answered a million times(I did search the forum but couldnt find anything) but is it true that is you have been an ntl customer for more than 1 year then you can ditch the NTL phone but still keep the TV?

I say this because I have 3 BT sockets fitted in my new property but only 1 NTL socket so wouldnt mind changing so that I can have more phones, rather than having to do extra socket installations with NTL.

Also, how does this work if you move house i.e. I have been an NTL customer for years but have recently moved house, so does my 'length of service' continue from my old property or does it start again when I moved(NTL was already installed in the new property so it wasnt a brand new installation).

thanks

Chris
15-08-2005, 16:16
Nope. The phone is bundled with the TV and you must continue to pay the monthly line rental whether you use it or not.

You can get your extension sockets re-wired so they work off your NTL line though.

Not sure about your house move, I don't know whether they will try to tie you into another 12-month contract or not.

fisheddie
15-08-2005, 16:20
There is a easy way to stay with NTL (as you are still happy with the service) but have more phones in the house! What you can do is to buy a multi-handset DECH phone and simply plug the slave hand-set into any wall socket and it will work. you can have intercom as well.

the cheapest set i can recall is 80 quid for a quad-pack... but for better quality you might want to spend around £180+ but that is much cooler than corded phones

when i was with NTL they didnt try to get me on another 12 month contract on house movnig but trying to charge me £50 for all the re-installation. and of course i didn't pay, simply 'do it for free or i will go somewhere else' :D

SMHarman
15-08-2005, 17:04
NTL retentions seem willing to offer the free phone line for 12 months if you agree to tie yourself to CATV for another 12 months.