PDA

View Full Version : NTL House move chaos

Jon T
13-08-2005, 17:05
I am posting this on behalf of my girlfriend's siter who at the very, very angry indeed.

Rachel moved house last Saturday, she also let NTL know about three weeks beforehand, they told her the earliest they could re-connect at her new address was today(August 13th), well today has come, NTL have been, and left her with nothing more than she had before they came, set-top box isn't working, cable modem not working, and the people that came round told her they couldn't connect the phone line because they couldn't find road side cabinet.

She has been left with nothing, and no way of contacting NTL(anyone else) as she only has a PAYG mobile that has got 20p credit left on it.

Utter incompetence.

Russ
13-08-2005, 17:08
PM me her full name and address and I'll get this passed on to ntl first thing monday morning.

Jon T
13-08-2005, 17:10
thanks russ, PM on it's way

spike7451
13-08-2005, 18:53
Could'nt find the cab???b****** !!!It's printed on the b**** work order!!!!!!!!! Most likely that's why the TV & BB dont work.Mind you,the house moves dept has been a unfunny joke lately!wrong time/day slots,tasks missing from the W/O (like the W/O being for Phone BUT it is also TV & BB as well!!Unfortunatly,as H.Moves did'nt do their job properly,the TV & BB cant be done because it's not on the job tasks & the office are'nt able or willing to add it!!)
Last week was so bad,i was very close to walking!
Spike

Jon T
15-08-2005, 17:36
Right, she phoned NTL this morning, expained what happened on Saturday, and they said that a senior install technician would be round between 9.00 and 12:00, it got to 12.00 and she rung again , this time was told someone will be there within the hour, got to 2:30 so she called again, anyway they eventually turned up at 3:15, the technican was excellent(apparently, I wasn't there), he aslo said that the first he knew about the job was 30mins before he got there.

Everything is sorted now apart from the phoneline, which he couldn't do, due to not being able to unlock the cabinet as some nice person had tried to gain access with a screwdriver and broken the lock.

Although it's sorted this still highliights the fact that when a customer visit is required NTL are absolutely USELESS.

Still gonna have to follow this up as at no time has an apology been offered, and I think they'll stil try and bill her for the week she's spent without services.