PDA

View Full Version : A simple question about love, poetry and leaving home

kronas
13-08-2005, 00:47
attention, girl i fancy is leaving permanantly ( not not because of me) this will proberbly be the last time i see her, all being well might go on a night out, so do i hand over all that i have written about her in poetry at the end of the night tell her to read it when shes left or leave it as dead as a duck thats shot up the arse ?

Raistlin
13-08-2005, 00:49
attention, girl i fancy is leaving permanantly ( not not because of me) this will proberbly be the last time i see her, all being well might go on a nigh tout, so do i hand over all that i have written about her in poetry or leave it as dead as a duck thats shot up the arse ?

Leave it mate.

Enjoy your night out and treasure the memories that you have of the good times you've spent together.

Keep your writings to yourself, but make sure she understands (in other words just tell her) that she is very special to you and that you would like to stay in touch.

marky
13-08-2005, 00:51
i'll go with raist

kronas
13-08-2005, 00:52
she knows how i feel, ive been there on a couple of occasions, i just wanted her to remember me by something, its diffarent when its someone your emotionally attached to, even if they are not.

Raistlin
13-08-2005, 00:57
I can't help but think that you've already made your own mind up mate - sorry if that's not the case.

I really think that it's best to leave this one as it is, for yourself as well as for her.

If she knows how you feel already then there's no harm in repeating it when you say goodbye to her - I wouldn't give over the poetry though.

I would just let it be as it is, cherish what you have and what you've had - and let her remember the caring, thoughtful, you that feels deeply for her. Don't burden the situation with anything more than she might feel comfortable with.

kronas
13-08-2005, 00:59
ok so a leaving present then ?

apologies for the spelling, can a mod correct it in the poll ?

Raistlin
13-08-2005, 01:01

That would be a nice idea.

Something simple, but that she can keep.

Not too extravagant, but something that will always be a reminder of the depth of feeling that you have for her.

Something not too personal (so no knickers :D ), yet just personal enough so that it shows you've thought about it.

Ramrod
13-08-2005, 01:03
I'm in the 'wtf?' camp here m8........poetry?--too needy and wierd! Don't do it! :erm:

marky
13-08-2005, 01:03
maybe a necklace with her name on it ????

danielf
13-08-2005, 01:08
Engraved ipods are off limits btw...

kronas
13-08-2005, 01:09

jewellery is my port of call and im good at choosing things like this, i go for the expensive stuff though, i dont look at the price tag just the product itself honest.

i will NOT be doing poetry guys i think ill let that rest.

Raistlin
13-08-2005, 01:09
By the way, in case anybody thinks otherwise, I'm not totally insensitive to how you're feeling kronas.

When I was about 15/16 my first love moved away and I never got to tell her how I really felt about her. I still miss her, and regret not having the courage to tell her how I felt.

kronas
13-08-2005, 01:11
Engraved ipods are off limits btw...

IPOD done that! :p:

danielf
13-08-2005, 01:15
IPOD done that! :p:

And I told you not to... Bad or should I say Sad Kronas. :(

dilli-theclaw
13-08-2005, 01:16
I have voted.

kronas
13-08-2005, 01:16
And I told you not to... Bad or should I say Sad Kronas. :(

it wasent engraved though, im learning the hardway, ive learnt my lesson, after this i think ill stay single.

ikthius
13-08-2005, 08:27
Do not give out the poetry. it is very sad & desperate. Sorry Mate.

just give her a small present that will remind her of you, not jewlery. Sorry I would not.

I do feel for you, as I am very bad at getting the girls, probably cause I have no self confidence in that area.

good luck,

ik

Tuftus
13-08-2005, 11:06
You could get that picture of her and the lolly framed for her?

Inexpensive, has meaning and she will always remember who took it...

Raistlin
13-08-2005, 11:40

I'd forgotten about that picture :)

That's actually a nice idea :) If you've got a picture of the two of you together perhaps you could buy one of those double frames, put the one of her on her own in one side and the picture of both of you in the other.

punky
13-08-2005, 12:05
I wouldn't do it if I was you mate. She is leaving so no good can come out of this (she already knows you like her), but this could really backfire spectactularly ensuring that not only do you not see her again, you won't speak, e-mail or write to her either. It could really batter her emotionally, as I know some of your poems, and at best give her heartache, at worse, completely freak her out.

You mentioned you are learning from past mistakes, like with the Ipod, please listen to us this time, we only want what's best for you, and many of us have learned the hard way too. Please don't do it.

A small, inexpensive but personal gift like Tuftus' picture idea is a pretty good one. It isn't out of character, so it shouldn't really change the way she feels about you.

As I have said no good can come out of this, only trouble, I can't advise you more strongly not to do it mate.

ikthius
13-08-2005, 13:00

is it the same girl???

ik

Tuftus
13-08-2005, 14:29
is it the same girl???

ik

I think so...

If not I am sure Kronas could apply the idea with another more suitable pic :)

Maggy
13-08-2005, 16:29
kronas keep the poetry for yourself as memories to cherish.

Don't give up..keep looking...the next girl may be the one or she may not but you should enjoy the time that it takes to find the right girl..you are only 19 once...enjoy it while you are as young as you are.

:hugs:

Tezcatlipoca
13-08-2005, 16:31
Sorry, but I've gone for option 3.

Really not a good idea....

kronas
13-08-2005, 16:36
I think so...

correct it is the same person.

If not I am sure Kronas could apply the idea with another more suitable pic :)

hmm... i could giver her a picture of my erec....no i dont think thats wise :p: ;)

ive said it before poetry thing is out of the window, however im still looking for something suitable, i have a few weeks yet, i tend to go for the spectacular mind :D

Maggy
13-08-2005, 16:38

hmm... i could giver her a picture of my erec....no i dont think thats wise :p: ;)

ive said it before poetry thing is out of the window, however im still looking for something suitable, i have a few weeks yet, i tend to go for the spectacular mind :D

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You are not listening! Keep it simple and don't go over the top...PLEASE.

Chimaera
13-08-2005, 16:41
i tend to go for the spectacular mind
But spectacular might really scare her off!
I think the photo idea is lovely - she will always have that to remind her of you. As Coggy said, keep the poetry for yourself, it will be a lovely reminder in years to come.

makikomi
13-08-2005, 18:36
I would select one of your best poems - one that conveys how you feel, but which doesn't go over the top - and present it to her.

I'd tell her I would really miss her, but wish her all the best, and then leave it at that.

If she knows how you feel, but hasn't taken things further herself, it would unwise to press matters further.

budwieser
13-08-2005, 18:43

Maybe a Pearl Necklace or something.:D :disturbd::angel:

"hmm... i could giver her a picture of my erec" Who is Eric??????????:D :D

AndrewJ
13-08-2005, 19:01
the innuendo i could post here....must resist, and guard agaisnt the nugmeister.....must....resist...

Chimaera
13-08-2005, 19:03
the innuendo i could post here....must resist, and guard agaisnt the nugmeister.....must....resist...
Awww go on, go on, go on, go on!!!!!!!
STIG????????

AndrewJ
13-08-2005, 19:18
Awww go on, go on, go on, go on!!!!!!!
STIG????????

I shall behave...for now...

stig?? I am bored although dont ask my instructor about our latest lesson. :rofl:

Damien
13-08-2005, 20:04
I dunno. The important thing here is that she already knows how you feel so there is little point in that poetry idea.

If you just want something for her to remember you then I suggest a present. You want something for her to remember you in a positive way, the poetry MAY freak her out. I dunno though, I am not good at that stuff either

kronas
13-08-2005, 20:17

:bump:

his name is eriction :D

But spectacular might really scare her off!
I think the photo idea is lovely - she will always have that to remind her of you. As Coggy said, keep the poetry for yourself, it will be a lovely reminder in years to come.

i dont mean the scare off over spectacular type, the thought of that would put me off, maybe i should get something chavie :erm: :D :p:

ikthius
13-08-2005, 22:21
his name is eriction :D

i dont mean the scare off over spectacular type, the thought of that would put me off, maybe i should get something chavie :erm: :D :p:

was it not Eric Shawn ?????????? :erm:

if its chav stuff she likes, then poetry is not the way to go as someone suggested you do, but everyone else says no to.

then she would probably like her name on a necklace from Elizabeth Duke, that very expensive ARGOS brand...............

seriously, something that she can see nearly daily, is not too personal, and it should suit your personality, as a present you would want to give, and a present she would want to buy for herself. this makes it a better more personal momento. I think she would like something like this.

but what is this, well that is where you have to do a lot of work and thinking, only you know her, and only you really know you truley.

there you go,,,, clear as mud.

ik

ellie
14-08-2005, 23:09
I dont know the whole story but I wouldnt give her the poetry, Keep it for yourself and lock it away.
Also I dont think the photo of both of you is a good idea either, If a male friend of mine gave me a frame with our photo's in I would think that real weird https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/8.gif
I think a cute card, blank inside so that you can just write a few words on the lines of good luck etc would be ok and she can keep that without it being too much https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/9.gif
I dont know the situation but if she likes you she will have you in her head already, material stuff isnt needed https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/9.gif

zing_deleted
14-08-2005, 23:13
get her drunk while you stay cunningly sober ;) then poor your soul out ,if she likes it then wayhey if not you can say you were both drunk and just rambling ;) :LOL:

Cant vote for some reason my choice isnt up there :D

ellie
14-08-2005, 23:16
get her drunk while you stay cunningly sober https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/15.gif then poor your soul out ,if she likes it then wayhey if not you can say you were both drunk and just rambling https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/15.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/08/17.gif

Cant vote for some reason my choice isnt up there https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/3.gif

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/09/2.gif...You were asking for that https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/5.gif

zing_deleted
14-08-2005, 23:24
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/09/2.gif...You were asking for that https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/5.gif

;)

punky
14-08-2005, 23:49
get her drunk while you stay cunningly sober ;) then poor your soul out ,if she likes it then wayhey if not you can say you were both drunk and just rambling ;) :LOL:

Blimey.. You really are a man's man Zingle Download Failed (1)

Raistlin
14-08-2005, 23:58

Can't be, from the sounds of that he's proposing that the bloke buys all the drinks :LOL:

Marge
14-08-2005, 23:58

oi :knock:

Kronas, I'm with Ellie on this one, if she wanted any kind of relationship with you then it would have happened by now. She has memories of you and that can be better than any present which could be convienently shoved in a drawer or put on a car boot sale. Cherish the time you've had with her, wish her all the best and put this all behind you, chin up and Miss Right will be along sometime soon for you.

Nugget
15-08-2005, 08:41

Oi! What did I do? ;)

In all seriousness Kronas, isn't it just time to move on? As you've said, she knows how you feel about her, so might it not boff up the memories that you both have if you give her a gift of any sort?

What if you hand over whatever it is you get, and it's firmly rebuffed. IMO, it's time for you to move on and see what happens in the future - as Coggy said, you're only 19 once so just try to enjoy the present, instead of mulling over the past.

zing_deleted
15-08-2005, 09:45
Blimey.. You really are a man's man Zingle http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif
;)

Can't be, from the sounds of that he's proposing that the bloke buys all the drinks :LOL:

Most likely just a few double vodkas will do the job ;)

On a serious note though, Maybe the subject could be bought up in a subtle way,or maybe he should just come out with it and say " have you ever thought about a possible future for us" .Im not say kronos says " oh before you leave im in love with you" cuz thats to heavy,but she is going anyway it may be worth a shot...

BTW im useless in matters of the heart so im best ignored ;)

Maggy
15-08-2005, 12:16
;)

Most likely just a few double vodkas will do the job ;)

On a serious note though, Maybe the subject could be bought up in a subtle way,or maybe he should just come out with it and say " have you ever thought about a possible future for us" .Im not say kronos says " oh before you leave im in love with you" cuz thats to heavy,but she is going anyway it may be worth a shot...

BTW im useless in matters of the heart so im best ignored ;)

kronas has already declared himself and his feelings to this girl..she said she wasn't interested.In fact I think it was the 'let's just be friends scenario'. :(

fireman328
15-08-2005, 12:29

I am confused about the necklace is she called Pearl ? Who is Erec ?

zovat
15-08-2005, 12:42
I'm with the majority here,

She has already stated she sees you as a friend, but has no romantic intentions, so buy her a nice little something (note LITTLE - don't go overboard, or she'll just stick it in a drawer and think she's well shot of that "stalker" she thought was a friend) and allow you both to move on with the least amount of awkwardness and embarrasment.

The last thing you want is her last memory of you being one of a bloke who just wouldn't take no for an answer.

Chris
15-08-2005, 12:49

apologies for the spelling, can a mod correct it in the poll ?

Poll tidied up. I've also made the thread title a little clearer.

And for the record - let it go! You will make her feel awkward and risk pouring the memory of your last night out together. Sadly life is not like a Hollywood rom com. Your poetry will not make her suddenly change her feelings for you.

Raistlin
15-08-2005, 13:16
Your poetry will not make her suddenly change her feelings for you.

I wouldn't be so sure :p:

Chris
15-08-2005, 13:21
I wouldn't be so sure :p:

Well - not in the way he is hoping for, at any rate. :erm:

zing_deleted
15-08-2005, 17:56
kronas has already declared himself and his feelings to this girl..she said she wasn't interested.In fact I think it was the 'let's just be friends scenario'. :(

On the grounds of this ive voted leave it,I aint been here that long do not know the histories ;)

Seti
16-08-2005, 00:00
Leave it Kronie,

Seriously.

Although you may feel as if your heart is being torn out she does not feel the same and she will have memories of you to live on with. Just as you do.

Sian

kronas
16-08-2005, 21:26

i think ive already done enough damage anyway might just scrap any idea get her drunk and.... no wait im a gentlemen lol :p: :D ;)

oi :knock:

Kronas, I'm with Ellie on this one, if she wanted any kind of relationship with you then it would have happened by now. She has memories of you and that can be better than any present which could be convienently shoved in a drawer or put on a car boot sale. Cherish the time you've had with her, wish her all the best and put this all behind you, chin up and Miss Right will be along sometime soon for you.

im thinking rollocks to that, ill proberbly never meet anyone, i just dont seem to attract women, i dont try most of the time, i just let things happen, but i tried this time and over did it at many times i think, not out of desperation, but i have been thinking constantly about what its like to love and be loved and i seem to be at my happiest when i can truely love someone for being them, not just on a physical scale but emotionally too.

im missing out on a lot of things in life and i feel empty.

well i dont drink so thats a good idea, i thought about just doing the rambling while shes drunk, but i would be too tempted to just kiss her on the lips :p:

Chris
17-08-2005, 09:43
im thinking rollocks to that, ill proberbly never meet anyone, i just dont seem to attract women, i dont try most of the time, i just let things happen, but i tried this time and over did it at many times i think, not out of desperation, but i have been thinking constantly about what its like to love and be loved and i seem to be at my happiest when i can truely love someone for being them, not just on a physical scale but emotionally too.

im missing out on a lot of things in life and i feel empty.

For goodness sake kronas matey you're only 19! I didn't even meet Mrs T until I was 24 and when we got married I was 26 and that's relatively young for a man in the UK these days. When I was 19 I had never even had a proper girlfriend. And that's not because I'm a religious nutter, believe me I tried, it just didn't seem to happen.

You need to stop trying to force the issue. As you have already realised, over-doing it does more harm than good. Just try to enjoy life. Concentrate on being the best person you can possibly be, be a good and loyal friend to all your acquaintances. One day, you will find a partner who will truly, equally, and without any forcing on your part, do for you what you would do for her. Believe me, that is the only kind of relationship you want to be in, and you can't force it to happen.

kronas
06-09-2005, 20:35
well i have deicded not to do anything, this person has become to distant for me (i can see why) so if that person doesent care why should you ?

problem is today its her birthday and im trying to block my emotions out, but i guess im human after all, i care too much :(

ellie
06-09-2005, 20:54
well i have deicded not to do anything, this person has become to distant for me (i can see why) so if that person doesent care why should you ?

problem is today its her birthday and im trying to block my emotions out, but i guess im human after all, i care too much https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/11/7.gif

Have a hug https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/24.gif

me283
06-09-2005, 20:56

problem is today its her birthday and im trying to block my emotions out, but i guess im human after all, i care too much :(

Only just read this thread, so sorry if I'm too late.

FWIW, my thoughts are that you're trying too hard. It's said that a watched kettle never boils, you can never find the thing you seek hardest, and you never know what you're looking for till you find it. This girl may seem wonderful to you now, but that is because you so desperately want to be in love. But going out and looking for it is the worst thing you can do. Love is out there... if you just go about your life, it will come and find you.

Stick with it, don't think about the girl, and concentrate on making sure that every day you do something to feel good about. And KEEP SMILING!! You may not always feel happy, but you will keep everyone guessing!

kronas
06-09-2005, 22:45
Only just read this thread, so sorry if I'm too late.

FWIW, my thoughts are that you're trying too hard. It's said that a watched kettle never boils, you can never find the thing you seek hardest, and you never know what you're looking for till you find it. This girl may seem wonderful to you now, but that is because you so desperately want to be in love. But going out and looking for it is the worst thing you can do. Love is out there... if you just go about your life, it will come and find you.

Stick with it, don't think about the girl, and concentrate on making sure that every day you do something to feel good about. And KEEP SMILING!! You may not always feel happy, but you will keep everyone guessing!

its hard not to, you just see all these people who are pretty much comfortable with life, enjoying, i was speaking to one of my mates he was telling me about a guy who had a girlfreind, was suitably happy, but admits to playing the field, no i dont find that to be right at all, but such is the life these days that people lead.

Have a hug https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/24.gif

me283
06-09-2005, 23:55
its hard not to, you just see all these people who are pretty much comfortable with life, enjoying, i was speaking to one of my mates he was telling me about a guy who had a girlfreind, was suitably happy, but admits to playing the field, no i dont find that to be right at all, but such is the life these days that people lead.

People that do that will learn the hard way. When you get something precious you must keep it, not take it for granted.

And as for people who are comfortable with life, let them get on with it. Just remember, when you do fall in love, it will hit you like a comet; then you will know what real happiness is. And you will look at those people, and want to shout out loud just how happy you are, because you alone will know that you are happier than they could ever be.

As Diana Ross sang, "You can't hurry love". Just be patient, it's well worth the wait.

Maggy
07-09-2005, 13:17
And you are only 19.Lots and lots of time to fall in love and form a relationship.Just get on with your life and meeting friends and going places.'Things' will fall into place eventually and you'll look back at your 18/19 year old self and wonder at the person you were. ;)

timewarrior2001
07-09-2005, 14:55

Kronie matey, its only human to care.
I went the other way, I didnt give a toss, got me into sooooo much trouble I would never go there again.
What you need to do is learn to deal with things, dont analyse stuff too much, dont crowd people and dont write them poems. Peotry is a good thing, but telling someone you have written a peom about them is NOT good. Writing a peom based on feelings you have when with them is fine, as long as they cant be 100% certain it is about them.

Dont go looking for love, you will never find it that way. Love will come to you when the time is right.
The time may never be right, its true you may be destined to be a batchelor, if thats the case then the best thing is to be loved by your friends and family.

Be someone thye can talk to, be someone they find fun in being around, do not suddenly say "I love you" its only going to scare them away. Be there for people then and only then can they truelly find the real you.