PDA

View Full Version : Problem in CO4

Tenebrae
11-08-2005, 10:27
Not sure how many other users around the CO4 area of Colchester are suffering the same problem but for nearly 3 weeks now iv had no steady ntl access.

The connection was down completely for the first week, until i had spoken to ntl and they sent out an engineer. He claimed to have fixed the problem by boosting the levels on a nearby box apparently. However minutes after he had left, the connection went down again.

Back on the phone i went, numerous times infact over the last 2 weeks. I sometimes get a connection for a few minutes, then its down again, and im told the same thing from ntl,

"we are aware of a problem in the CO4 area, our engineers are fixing it now"

Iv been told this about 4 or 5 times over the space of 2 weeks...

In my eyes it couldnt have come at a worse time, i run a car club and need my internet access desperately this time of year, the biggest end of season shows are bearing down on us and i need to organise attendance !

Dont you hate it when things like this come at the worst possible times !

Anyway, does anyone know anything about what the problem may be, how long it may take to fix, or is anyone else experiencing similar problems ???

Cheers
Rick

Tenebrae
11-08-2005, 11:11
Just thought i would mention, the occasional access i get for a few minutes every now and then only seems to occur in extreme off peak times, we are talking around 12-2am.

Altern8
11-08-2005, 11:21
Hi,

I'm in CO2, and so far I have had no problems, its been steady as a rock for me, but I have heard that there are a lot of flappy routers around today, causing problems around the net, slow browsing etc. Maybe connected? *shrug*

-A8

jburton
11-08-2005, 11:39
Hi,

I am in CO1 and am having problems with the service regularly cutting out (see a thread below somewhere), but once it's up and running it's okay for a short while.

Jon B

Tenebrae
11-08-2005, 12:49
Hi,

once it's up and running it's okay for a short while.

Jon B

Unfortunately, that would be far from satisfactory for me :(

argy
13-08-2005, 17:28
I Have no problems here in CO2!
Sorry :)

Argy