PDA

View Full Version : Telewest 512k, ntl 10Mbps

arobbins
08-08-2005, 10:53
Will Telewest ever catch-up with ntl now their entry level speed is 10Mbps but Telewest's is 20 times slower at 521kps??

Derek
08-08-2005, 10:56
Will Telewest ever catch-up with ntl now their entry level speed is 10Mbps but Telewest's is 20 times slower at 521kps??

Well these are just plans it hasn't been implemented yet.

I'd imagine once the two companies finally get the finger out and merge the higher speeds will be implemented (eventually) across all the networks.

N3m3sis
08-08-2005, 20:03
All I know is that Telewest are advertising their 4Mb service as the fastest home cable broadband service in the UK. The minute NTL starts rolling their 10Mb service out to their 3Mb customers that statement will become a lie.
Either BY are going to remove that inaccurate claim from their package sales page or they are planning to respond. We shall see which. :mad:

Rillington
13-08-2005, 21:25
I would imagine that TW will ahve its top tioer 10mb connection in place well before ntl.

Oh, and at least you have unlimietd usage whereas ntl will place a usage cap which means it would be impossible to do all these thigns that mega fast bb is suppsoed top fofer such as TV via the net. The 75 gig cap would be used up in minutes!