PDA

View Full Version : Texan Bar Returns

Julian
08-08-2005, 09:14
Nestle are reintroducing the famous Texan bar for a limited period from 22nd August. :drool:

It is seen as one of the most requested "retro brands" :)

Download Failed (1)

gooner4life
08-08-2005, 09:20
Why for just a limited period :banghead:

Stuart
08-08-2005, 09:27
So they can see how well it sells?

Julian
08-08-2005, 10:10
It's part of a promotion they are going to run called "Blasts from the past"

Get a free retro ringtone for your mobile with 3 wrappers from selected Nestle products - Toffee crisp, kit kat, Lion, drifter, Rolo & Texan. :)

Halcyon
08-08-2005, 16:22
I can see a load of these being put on ebay once the promotion ends lol.
I've never tried one, I'l definately have to.

Stephen
08-08-2005, 16:43
I know somewhere that is going to sell them but is not going to put it on the site until it has informed the members when it will be sold. :-)

Minbu
08-08-2005, 22:34
I remember the original Texan Bar, you needed teeth like a Pit-Bull to get through it! One bite lasted you ten minutes - wonderful!

Mal
08-08-2005, 22:41
I don't remember them at all. What were they?

Keytops
08-08-2005, 23:17
It's part of a promotion they are going to run called "Blasts from the past"

Get a free retro ringtone for your mobile with 3 wrappers from selected Nestle products - Toffee crisp, kit kat, Lion, drifter, Rolo & Texan. :)

Rolo? I thought they still sold them? (Not that I really care, I hate them myself..:sick: )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/pda/A546040?s_id=21

A nougat-toffee chocolate covered hybrid, the Texan Bar was brilliant because at different times of the year it was two completely different bars. In winter, with the cold weather it was a small thin slab of concrete sugar that was capable of shattering in your mouth and impossible to chew before saliva had worked on it for at least half a day. Come summer... well imagine a bar that you could grip your teeth onto and pull but could never actually sever - it just got longer and longer - sort of like sweet melted mozzarella.

Lovely.. or not if you hate nougat.

..wonders if they'll rerun the old TV adverts and we'll hear all the kids uttering that imortal phrase "Hold on there, bald eagle!" :)

Charlie_Bubble
08-08-2005, 23:44
I don't remember them at all. What were they?

A huge chunk of stretchy vanilla nougat covered in choc! :)

Theodoric
09-08-2005, 22:59
Nestle are reintroducing the famous Texan bar for a limited period from 22nd August. :drool:

It is seen as one of the most requested "retro brands" :)

http://www.chocolatereview.co.uk/sml/texan.jpg
I don't wish to be pedantic (honest, guv! :)) but there ain't no such thing as a Texan bar. A Texan is an inhabitant of Texas. The correct adjective for everything else, ranches, oil wells, you name it, is Texas.

Stephen
18-08-2005, 13:11
In stock now but only for a few weeks aparently. So get them while you can.

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/texan-bar-p-1139.html