PDA

View Full Version : Extended frustration

peaksoft
08-08-2005, 08:41
Does anyone have any tips for getting some service out of NTL?

I rang the fault line a couple of weeks ago, because my extension socket had stopped working.

They said that as it had been fitted more than a year ago, I would have to speak to customer service, and there would be a charge.

I rang customer service that morning and the man there said he didn't know how to handle it and he would call me back.

As I hadn't heard from him by the evening I called again. Another operator said the man hadn't called back because he didn't know what he was doing. He said it would normally cost £25 to get it fixed, but as I'd been messed about, it would be free. He made an appointment for 8am-noon on Friday 5th.

As we're not in during the day, I got house-sitters in from 8am-2pm. No one turned up and no one rang.

I called NTL fault line this morning and the operator said no appointment had been made and if they came out there would be a charge. I reminded her of the history and she said that was between me and the customer service operator, that I should speak to customer service, but that she couldn't transfer me because her phone wasn't working properly.

What do I do?

gooner4life
08-08-2005, 09:00
If the extension was fitted by NTL then it is NTL's responsibility to fix it, however if the technician came out and found it was not NTL's extension then there would be a £25 charge applicable, extensions are always a grey area for CSR's.

As for what to do, call back through to faults, explain that the extension is not working, and that you accept the possibility of a call out charge.

You will not be charged unless it is not an extension fitted by NTL.

peaksoft
08-08-2005, 09:12
Thanks - I've just had a second moan at them and a very helpful lady in customer service said the reason the job wasn't booked was because there was a systems fault on my account.

She's speaking to an IT guy at 12 o'clock to find a way of booking the job. (I hope.)

gooner4life
08-08-2005, 09:13
No problem, hope it all goes well.

peaksoft
08-08-2005, 17:09
Needless to say, she didn't phone back.

It's now 5.10pm and I've been holding on for 10 minutes.

There ought to be an easier way than this. All I want to do is get my extension fixed.

Halcyon
08-08-2005, 17:15
You could try letting NTL know about your problems using the feedback NTL contact button at the top of the forums main page.

Gareth
08-08-2005, 18:20
or try calling 0808 100 5152 oops:

Maybe I should mention that that's BT's connection number ;)

peaksoft
08-08-2005, 19:10
28 minutes this time. I spoke to a very nice young lady, who put me on hold, listening to quite a lot of music, then I was connected to the faults people. They've promised to call between 8am and noon on Wednesday, so we'll see - I've now had two customer service reps saying I won't be charged, and three faults people saying I will.