PDA

View Full Version : Who is at fault?

Angelus
05-08-2005, 10:05
Back in june i got Sky+ from Currys. I paid currys £30 and they ripped off the contract i presume to send off to Sky. Anyway i pay Sky a further £59.99 and a instalation date is given. Everything goes ahead.

4 weeks later my Sky + stops working. So i ring up i got told my contract has not been recieved yet. So Sky send me out a new contract and reinstate my viewing for a further 14 days. The contract arrived on 29th june and i sent it off on the 30th. Now my system has been cut off again. So i ring up again and 5 days they still have not receieved my contract.

Now as far as i knew Currys had sent my contract off and all was fine and now all this mess.

Who is at fault and do i have grounds to complain?

Thanks

orangebird
05-08-2005, 10:34
Back in june i got Sky+ from Currys. I paid currys £30 and they ripped off the contract i presume to send off to Sky. Anyway i pay Sky a further £59.99 and a instalation date is given. Everything goes ahead.

4 weeks later my Sky + stops working. So i ring up i got told my contract has not been recieved yet. So Sky send me out a new contract and reinstate my viewing for a further 14 days. The contract arrived on 29th june and i sent it off on the 30th. Now my system has been cut off again. So i ring up again and 5 days they still have not receieved my contract.

Now as far as i knew Currys had sent my contract off and all was fine and now all this mess.

Who is at fault and do i have grounds to complain?

Thanks

Currys is at fault - you bought the service from them, and they need to deal with this for you.

Angelus
05-08-2005, 10:37
Basically i have been told to contact trading standards on another forum

Tuftus
05-08-2005, 12:19
Basically i have been told to contact trading standards on another forum

I would at least give Currys a chance to sort it out first.

Strzelecki
05-08-2005, 12:29
Contact Currys first, go into store. If there are any decent customer service people about they'll know what to do. They should have a record of the original contract number (and so should you so take it with you) with which they can chase Sky up with. Although the onus is on Currys to sort it out it does sound like Sky is mysteriously 'not receiving' either of the contracts. If they cannot sort it out the least they could do is to reimburse you the £30 and try reinstating the contract manually over the phone with Sky while you are there.

Raistlin
05-08-2005, 12:36
Your contract for the provision (and arrangement of the provision) of the service is with Currys in the first instance.

You should go into the store and ask to speak to a manager there, explain the problem, show him/her your receipt and copies of any correspondance that you have had with Sky.

Advise him/her that you want them to sort it out and ask them what they intend to do about it.

Keep a record of the name and position of everybody that you speak to, along with details of what they plan to do (what/how/timescales/when they will contact you).

Strzelecki
05-08-2005, 12:42
Why a manager straight off? Why do people always think a manager can sort stuff out, half the time they know less about the correct procedures to follow than some of the decent staff! Talk to the customer service people first, then the customer service manager if you're not happy and then the general manager, but give the people whose job it is to sort this out a chance first. Make sure as well as taking their details, that you let them take all yours (correspondance etc.). If you still have no luck, post back here and I'll see if I can help.

leef78
05-08-2005, 14:12
Why a manager straight off? Why do people always think a manager can sort stuff out, half the time they know less about the correct procedures to follow than some of the decent staff! Talk to the customer service people first, then the customer service manager if you're not happy and then the general manager, but give the people whose job it is to sort this out a chance first. Make sure as well as taking their details, that you let them take all yours (correspondance etc.). If you still have no luck, post back here and I'll see if I can help.

Listen, if it happened to me, 1st person i'd go and see is the Manager, the manager can sort things out... hence he/she is a manager, balls to customer sevices, I work for a very big sports company H/O and 9/10 the customer has more luck with a manager in the shop. The guys ALREADY given one bash to one of the sales people and they have failed with the contract end of story, so go straight to the top I know I would. Thats my two cents anyway. DICE

ian@huth
05-08-2005, 14:27
Listen, if it happened to me, 1st person i'd go and see is the Manager, the manager can sort things out... hence he/she is a manager, balls to customer sevices, I work for a very big sports company H/O and 9/10 the customer has more luck with a manager in the shop. The guys ALREADY given one bash to one of the sales people and they have failed with the contract end of story, so go straight to the top I know I would. Thats my two cents anyway. DICEBut have they been given one bash? The sales person at Curry's may have done everything correctly and the fault does not lie with what they have done or what Curry's have done. The problem appears to be at Sky's end and if it was me in the same position as the OP I would escalate the issue with Sky having already taken the issue up with them.

Angelus
05-08-2005, 15:34
And for some reason my sky is back on now