PDA

View Full Version : Connection issues. Confused!

ms2002sss
05-08-2005, 09:21
Hi there,

my internet connection has not worked for 2 days now. Not sure what to do. Here are the details.

Connection goes through a router and goes to 3 PC's. Has worked without problem over a year. Since the problems have occurred I have noticed the "WAN" light on my router is on constantly, Before it would flash. If it ever went constant before a reboot of the NTL modem fixed this immediately. Makes no difference now.

My connection icon says I am connected and data does register on sent and received. Sent more than received. It gives me a IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.

On my modem the ENET, SYNC, RDY and PWR lights are constantly on. The U/S Light flashes once every 15-20 seconds.

I can ping address in MS-DOS

Help!?!

Also do I need to call the 50p per min NTL number?? If their modem is faulty I don't see why I should be paying for support. Especially seeing as the general NTL cost is more than other ISP's

Will the broadband medic be of any use? I am trying to get it at the moment. A bit hard with no internet connection and a work policy of no downloading! Is it worth the hassle finding someone I can Visit to borrow their PC?

Thanks in advance

maverick
05-08-2005, 14:49
If you can ping an address in dos then the connection is there.

Connect a pc direct to the modem reboot the modem then the pc and see if you can browse.

The contact number for NTL Tech support is 08456500121/0925 local rate.
or you can call on 08000522000 free phone and wait for the tech support option.