PDA

View Full Version : Quick house question

smicer07
04-08-2005, 20:55
Hi there,

For those of you who were with me throughout the old thread, I've just got a quick question. I'm going to sign it over to her, since there is no other practical/financially sensible way round it, and am sending a letter to my solicitor to instruct him that I want to do that. However, I'm still locked out of the house and the ex is wanting me to pay half the mortgage for last month, even though I wasn't able to get in and haven't entered at all. Do I still have to pay, even though I'm signing? Cheers.

Raistlin
04-08-2005, 20:58
Noooooooooo not more house questions.... :D

I wouldn't pay it. You're giving her the house (presumably for nothing) and all the posessions in it (presumably for nothing). She's soooooooo getting the best deal out of this, let her pay for the damn mortgage!!

Remember a post a month or so back where I reminded you that you had balls? ;)

Oh, hang on a minute.....

Is the mortgage still in yours and your Mum's name?

When is that being transferred over into her name?

smicer07
Haha I remember, and sorry for bringing up the subject again. I think she's got a cheek to ask me to pay when I haven't been able to get in!? She's giving me 1000 to sign including possessions.

Jules
Of course you don't have to pay tell her to forget it sign the papers and leave her to find some one else to screw for money

smicer07
04-08-2005, 20:59
Yeah it's still in my name, her name and my mum is still guarantor. It will be transfered in about 2 weeks I'd imagine.

Chimaera
04-08-2005, 21:02
Would you pay the bill in a restaurant if you hadn't been allowed to even sit at the table?
No, I thought not! So tell her to take a long walk off a short plank and have nothing more to do with her!

Angua
04-08-2005, 21:05
I wouldn't pay it, trouble is, you're legally obliged to!!!!:grind: :afire::fit:

Paul K
04-08-2005, 21:36
Would you pay the bill in a restaurant if you hadn't been allowed to even sit at the table?
No, I thought not! So tell her to take a long walk off a short plank and have nothing more to do with her!
Tell her that since you have no access to the house and that since she has effectively evicted you that she can whistle for the money and maybe she should have thought about this situation when you wanted to get things sorted amicably. Tell her that you will hand over half the payment for the month when everything is signed and sorted.

smicer07
04-08-2005, 22:23
cheers peeps

Jules
04-08-2005, 22:25
I also want to add that I wish you all the best and hope that one day you will find some one that loves you for your self and not what you can give them materially

aliferste
05-08-2005, 08:13
Just tell her your not paying its as simple as that. The only problem is she will probably take it off the 1000. In fact the way things are going you wont see the 1000.

YOu had better not be on here in a few weeks saying she wont give you the 1000 !

It doesnt matter that your mum is the guarantor, well it does kinda as she now has to prove that sh ecan pay the whole mortgage by herself.....can she?? you should have got all this sorted out already!