PDA

View Full Version : Leeds problems

Jules
04-08-2005, 17:47
Is any one else having problems in the Leeds area? It started a couple of days ago just on this forum now it is on all forums, it will go slow then quick then slow and then even slower till it times out.

I have run spy ware and checked for viruses found nothing, it is also the same on Maki's comp. I have tried rebooting the STB and the wireless box but it makes no difference :(

Oh and it seems to stick as well

Neil
04-08-2005, 17:50
Have you rung ntl Tech Support or checked the Server Status Page to see if there are any known issues in your area?

Jules
04-08-2005, 18:42
I have checked the service page but nothing there, Maki's seems to be running ok now so i will see if my does as well

Thanks Neil :)

greencreeper
04-08-2005, 19:09
My connection can sometimes be a bit slow or unusable. Ignition told me that there was a problem with the upstream. I blame the chav family a few doors down. They dry their washing in the bin yard. Enough said. Talk to NTL support, whyme, they may help - you never know :D

Raistlin
04-08-2005, 19:20
it will go slow then quick then slow

Are you sure it's not:

"slow, slow, then quick, then quick, then slow"?

If it is you've been watching too much Come Dancing :D

homealone
04-08-2005, 19:29
it will go slow then quick then slow

Are you sure it's not:

ah, that is waltz going on. ;)

- hope it gets better for you Jules :)

Monster Jedi
04-08-2005, 19:43
Maybe the Footy Club's off to a bad start:D

Jules
04-08-2005, 20:35
Are you sure it's not:

Now how did you know that? lol

Well Makis seems to be ok now but mine is still not right :(

Raistlin
04-08-2005, 20:39
Now how did you know that? lol

Lucky guess :D

Well Makis seems to be ok now but mine is still not right :(

I'm assuming that you're both using the same connection?

Are either of you downloading any large files, running any P2P software, playing any games? (If Maki's playing games tell him to get off his backside and put that flooring down :p: ).

The only thing I can think is that if you're both using the same connection (presumably through a router?) one or the other of you must be doing something that is hogging all the resources.

Oh, and another thing, you've not got Windows updates turned on and downloading in the background or something like that have you?

Jules
04-08-2005, 20:43
Lmao I love the flooring bit

Nope we are both on the forum not doing any downloading or any thing, I know it is really getting to me now!

by the way how do i check if there are any hidden programes running in the back ground?