PDA

View Full Version : Theiving little scrotes

timewarrior2001
04-08-2005, 10:50
Woke up this morning, thought what a nice day, took my daily happy pills.
Got ready, preparing to go ot docs appointment at 09:10.

I get in my car, fiance comes round the passenger side and says.

"Darling, wheres your wheel gone?"

The theiving little *******s have jacked the car up, removed the wheel left the jack and nuts and wheel trim.

Currently awaiting for police to come round.

I am so ****ed off at the moment. :mad: :mad:
Pictures to follow.....

Jules
04-08-2005, 11:02
No wonder you are angry, I suppose on the bright side at least they left you your wheel trim

TheBlueRaja
04-08-2005, 11:02
LOL :rofl:

Little feckers - i would suggest a set of locking nuts for your car - only about a tenner and if nothing else it will slow the buggers right down.

Jules
04-08-2005, 11:03
And the other good thing is that some one saw it before you tried to drive off :)

liamboyle06
04-08-2005, 11:03
Sorry to hear that man
Luckily my neighbours stopped the same thing happening to my car a few months ago, called the police, but they could not do anything as nothing was missing.

Ramrod
04-08-2005, 11:13
Whats even worse is that it looks like they damaged the bodywork as well :(

Bifta
04-08-2005, 11:27
Sorry to hear that man
Luckily my neighbours stopped the same thing happening to my car a few months ago, called the police, but they could not do anything as nothing was missing.

Hah! the cops in Derry wouldn't lift a finger even if something WAS missing! Did you not see that letter in the journal last week? Some boy was asleep and a couple of fellers broke into the house, he called the cops while they were there and he's STILL waiting for someone to attend.

timewarrior2001
04-08-2005, 11:37
Well they police have been.

No finger prints, as I suspected anyway.
Just been quoted £40 for a new wheel from network Q which isnt too bad.

I'm worried about the damage to the sill though. :(

gooner4life
04-08-2005, 11:39
Little toe-rags this country has gone right to pot :mad:

punky
04-08-2005, 11:49
Whats even worse is that it looks like they damaged the bodywork as well :(

Yeah, f**king barstewards.

You are only supposed to use the jacking points on the chasis (to stop anyone doing that by accident). If you look at the underneath of the car from below, behind that side skirt you should see groves in the chassis behind it, which indicates the safe jacking point.

marky
04-08-2005, 12:20
I really feel for you mate :(

my dustcaps seem so trivial now

basa
04-08-2005, 13:11
Just been quoted £40 for a new wheel from network Q which isnt too bad.

I'm sure a s/h one from a scrapyard would be cheaper ... might even get one with a tyre and you could flog that spare jack on eBay to offset the cost !! :p:

andyl
04-08-2005, 13:17
Little toe-rags this country has gone right to pot :mad:

Sorry to hear that Timewarrior - last night I witnessed an attempted car jacking and assault by a bunch of out-of-town teenagers. But gooner, the country has gone right to pot? A little melodramatic surely? Or are you referring to the widespread practice of the smoking of the herb, marijuana?

timewarrior2001
04-08-2005, 13:53
The price of the new wheel is £37.99
The replacement tyre is £46

What has really really upset me is the cost to repair the damage to the sill.

Replacement plastic cover: £76.00
To spray it £70.00
Theres a huge scratch on the door and scratches around the rear of the car all done last night.
Then add labour and VAT

Its over £500 worth of damage all in, and guess who didnt keep protected no claims on their policy this year?
Thats 8 years no claims down the ****ter because some spotty little ******* wanted either a £40 tyre or a £40 wheel!

MovedGoalPosts
04-08-2005, 14:54
Not good at all. You won't loose all your no claims bonus though - check the policy but normally it drops by around two years worth of percentage points.

It's the policy excess that can be the killer making it not worth claiming when you think what you loose on the next years increased premium. Plus claiming for a theft type issue and damage can count poorly on your history as you park the car in a vulnerable location :erm:

andygrif
05-08-2005, 00:43
Sorry to hear and see your problem TW...people who do this should be left to dangle from the nearest lamposts.

And the police are as usual not allowed to do anything about anything to do with a car. If you'd been robbed in the street and had your wallet nicked with 100 quid in it, they'd be all over you like a rash, the victim support lot would be forcing you into counselling and offering compensation and so on.

But becuase you have to 'hand over' the 100 quid to the insurance company instead (and then some as your premiums go up) no-one cares.

I'm with ya mate.