PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice.

Calum
04-08-2005, 09:00
I formatted my computer around 4/5 weeks ago and had to reinstall NTL. I put the NTL disc in the computer and it wouldn't detect my IP address so I installed the drivers manually via Add new hardware and the internet started working instantly.

Now, I don't know my username and password or I don't have the CD.

I was considering would it be possible to be re-sent this and my account infomation with it. Because I don't think I'm experiencing the speed I should be(271.5 kilobits per second) is my result atm - I thought I would be on the free upgrade..

Thanks for any help/advice.

Paul K
04-08-2005, 09:08
Your connection speed isn't linked to your account password as such, it's linked via your main account details on the NTL computers. If you give us some more details, connection type (ethernet or USB), what tier level you are on (1,2 or 3Mb) and what software you are running (operating system, firewalls, anti-virus tools and any applications you are running in the background) we can tell you if it could be a problem at your end of things or not. As to account name it's normally the name of the person paying the bill but obviously it may be that you changed that when you registered.
You may need to call NTL CS to get the password problem sorted though.

Neil
04-08-2005, 09:10
Hi & :welcome: to the site.

Take a look here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=7603&highlight=broadjump).

HTH.

Calum
04-08-2005, 09:13
Cheers for both of your replies. I don't think it's something on my computer that is blocking, I just haven't found out how to upgrade.

Ethernet seems like a good suggestion however I'll have to purchase the cable.

Paul K
04-08-2005, 09:18
Cheers for both of your replies. I don't think it's something on my computer that is blocking, I just haven't found out how to upgrade.

Ethernet seems like a good suggestion however I'll have to purchase the cable.
Your connection speed is controlled via your SACM or STB, those wouldn't have changed due to your format so it may well be something on the PC interfering with the connection. What speed test did you run?

Calum
04-08-2005, 09:26
Your connection speed is controlled via your SACM or STB, those wouldn't have changed due to your format so it may well be something on the PC interfering with the connection. What speed test did you run?

I think I'm mis-leading you. I think I should be running 1MB instead of 300KB and really I'm trying to ask how I can get this 'free-upgrade' :p:

Neil
04-08-2005, 09:28
I think I'm mis-leading you. I think I should be running 1MB instead of 300KB and really I'm trying to ask how I can get this 'free-upgrade' :p:

Are you using a cable modem, or getting your BB via you Set Top Box?

Paul K
04-08-2005, 09:28
Ring CS, you have to ask to be upgraded from 300Kb as you then suffer the dreaded cap drop lol. Just give them a call and ask them to upgrade you to the 1Mb service.