PDA

View Full Version : Tuition fees and other help

Russ
03-08-2005, 22:38
I'm starting an HNC in Broadcast Media next month on a part-time basis. The cost of the course is £500, does anyone know if I can get assistance with the fees and how I go about applying?

greencreeper
03-08-2005, 22:55
There are Career Development Loans. Your Uni (if it is a Uni) will have people that can advise on the range of funding available, such as grants for those in financial difficulties or with families.

Bex
04-08-2005, 17:14
There are Career Development Loans. Your Uni (if it is a Uni) will have people that can advise on the range of funding available, such as grants for those in financial difficulties or with families.

I'd agree with that..... you could also contact you're LEA http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/index-new/0-2-0-0_contact_ngfl.htm and find out from them what funding you could, if any, get from them

But as GC said the uni/collage would be the best port of call

Another thought... since it's related to your job would they be willing to contribute?

Millay
04-08-2005, 19:04
I thought from the ubject line you were going to ask us kind folks to help you pay for it :D ;) well if its any help I can donate £2.50 and a packet of chrips.

Jules
04-08-2005, 20:38
You could do a sponsored waxing Russ

Russ
04-08-2005, 20:46
No

Angua
04-08-2005, 21:10
Where you work may be able to help as training money can be set against tax for companies. Always worth asking even if you get nowhere.

Halcyon
05-08-2005, 14:41
Yeah good idea about asking at your work place. Also local councils offer some money for courses sometimes but it depends on your financial situation to how much you can get.
Good luck with your course, I hope you enjoy it.

Salu
05-08-2005, 14:43
I'm starting an HNC in Broadcast Media next month on a part-time basis. The cost of the course is £500, does anyone know if I can get assistance with the fees and how I go about applying?

I was looking for a Paypal button in that post when I read it....... :)

Jules
05-08-2005, 14:43
:rofl: don't go giving him ideas!

Salu
05-08-2005, 14:45
You could do a sponsored waxing Russ

....or do a sponsored shave your head?? Oh....hang on a minute.....something in the back of my mind tells me you may have already done that??..... ;)

Raistlin
05-08-2005, 14:45
Perhaps we could sponsor Russ ;)

Anybody (apart from Jules, who's ideas would probably be too naughty to print ;) ) got any good ideas on what we could sponsor him to do (aside from waxing, I don't think that bird is going to fly!!)?

Jules
05-08-2005, 15:10
Perhaps we could sponsor Russ ;)

Anybody (apart from Jules, who's ideas would probably be too naughty to print ;) ) got any good ideas on what we could sponsor him to do (aside from waxing, I don't think that bird is going to fly!!)?

Damn you read my mind :naughty: