PDA

View Full Version : QED-UK.com any good?

Flubflow
03-08-2005, 13:09
Has anyone shopped at WWW.QED-UK.COM and are they any good?
We need a new vacuum cleaner and for what we want they are miles cheaper than the cheapest so I'm wondering if there's any kind of catch that I'm not aware of before go handing over my credit card details.

Angua
03-08-2005, 14:32
We bought a Tumble Dryer from them. The only catch you might get is what they charge to dispose of an item (we didn't use the service).

The items delivery may well be orgainsed with the manufacturer rather than a nationwide delivery service (White Knight themselves organised our TD delivery with a chap in an unmarked white van).

They were good with e-mails at each stage of the order.

Not the best service around but worth the cost saving.

orangebird
03-08-2005, 14:38
Has anyone shopped at WWW.QED-UK.COM and are they any good?
We need a new vacuum cleaner and for what we want they are miles cheaper than the cheapest so I'm wondering if there's any kind of catch that I'm not aware of before go handing over my credit card details.

Which vacuum cleaner are you thinking of buying?

Jules
03-08-2005, 14:40
Thanks for the link there are some good prices on there

SMHarman
03-08-2005, 16:12
Bought some very expensive white and stainless steel goods from them, fantastic, that was about 3 years ago though.

They are a lot bigger now and cobranding on kitkat wrappers so I guess that is a good thing.

Flubflow
03-08-2005, 16:19
Which vacuum cleaner are you thinking of buying?

Dyson DC03 (it's a replacement for the exact same one we have, which has finally given up the ghost after many years of sterling service).

RRP £229
Tesco Extra £176
Currys £212 in store, £176 online
QED-UK £135 inc. delivery

Wicked_and_Crazy
03-08-2005, 17:42
Their returns process is poor. I know of someone who bought a home cinema from them, yes they did eventually get their money back but it took a while

Flubflow
03-08-2005, 18:13
Their returns process is poor. I know of someone who bought a home cinema from them, yes they did eventually get their money back but it took a while

Hopefully, if the new Dyson performs as good as the last one then there should be no need for returns - touch wood.

iSteve
03-08-2005, 18:37
I would urge caution. Do NOT rely on their website to reliably tell you if an item is in stock.

Being something of a news/radio buff we recently placed an order for a shortwave radio through QED-UK as they had the cheapest quote and were the only website in the UK I could find that had a particular model in stock. The website stated the stock levels were checked that morning, and 'In Stock'.

When placing the order, it asked for me to pick a delivery date, so I picked the next Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went with no delivery, email or contact or any kind from QED-UK, so we checked their website and it was listed as 'On order from supplier'. We emailed them to ask what was going on and they said it was on order and would take 10-14 days to arrive. We pointed out the website listed it as in stock at the time of order, and in fact STILL listed it as being in stock, and again stated the stock was last checked that same day. QED-UK advised there was an 'IT error' and they would report and fix it. The website STILL lists the item as 'In Stock' and ready for delivery.

I have also since then read other reviews from people stating their delivery times arent to be trusted and that their customer services is rathing lacking.

On the whole, I would say, good prices, but beware - the customer services leave a lot to be desired and the website stock check is unreliable.

Since my father used his card to pay for this order I haven't been able to check to see if they have charged for the order yet. Worryingly some reviews I've read stated that QED-UK charge upon order and not after dispatch. I do not know if they have changed their practices since those reviews, however.

Here is a link to some of the reviews I have found, some good some bad. You might want to take a look before placing an order:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/qed_uk_com__76981/TabId/2

Please let us know what you decide to do though and how it turns out if you do go for it?

iSteve
11-08-2005, 19:29
When placing the order, it asked for me to pick a delivery date, so I picked the next Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went with no delivery, email or contact or any kind from QED-UK, so we checked their website and it was listed as 'On order from supplier'. We emailed them to ask what was going on and they said it was on order and would take 10-14 days to arrive.

Just an update for people who were watching this thread:
It turns out QED had charged my father's card afterall, on the day the order was placed!

14 days have now passed since the original order, and after emailing them again we are now being told there is no definite date for when the item will be in stock or delivered. Despite repeatedly being told the website In Stock status would be fixed, it still shows the item as 'In Stock, last updated this morning.'

We have now gone ahead and asked them to cancel the order. Will let you all know how long it takes to get a refund :erm: