PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Billing Policy??

poolking
08-10-2003, 14:46
It's been a long time since my last post, but can anyone fathom out when NTL are supposed to debit your account for broadband? I have already sent an official complaint, so I won't go into much detail in here at the moment.

Anyone got any ideas?

Steve H
08-10-2003, 16:03
Ours is around 2 weeks after you get your bill.

poolking
08-10-2003, 16:09
Don't even get a bill for broadband, the only time I know the direct debit is coming out is when it appears in my account.

Chris
08-10-2003, 16:43
Don't even get a bill for broadband, the only time I know the direct debit is coming out is when it appears in my account.
I haven't had a broadband bill for well over a year. I used to get it on an analogue TV service bill, then one day they sent me a new type of bill that was clearly something to do with this project they've got going to develop a single, modern billing system. But after that, nothing. I still get debited on the same day every month tho'.

Come to think of it, is that strictly legal?

orangebird
08-10-2003, 16:55
I haven't had a broadband bill for well over a year. I used to get it on an analogue TV service bill, then one day they sent me a new type of bill that was clearly something to do with this project they've got going to develop a single, modern billing system. But after that, nothing. I still get debited on the same day every month tho'.

Come to think of it, is that strictly legal?

No it's not. You need to be notified x amount of days before a debit can be actioned - do you get e-billing?

Chris
08-10-2003, 16:59
No it's not. You need to be notified x amount of days before a debit can be actioned - do you get e-billing?
No, I've never had anything emailed, and although I have seen the link to an ebill on the ntlworld website, I've never really looked into it (not recently anyway ... I think I may have had a go in the early days when I had free dial up, to see if I could see my phone bill, and got told it wasn't available).

Is there someone I should be raising this with then?

poolking
09-10-2003, 11:16
E-billing isn't available in my franchise at the moment.

I did notice something on the NTL site that they may not send bills out in certain areas and if your monthly direct debit amounts dont change, but I think they should send them out to all areas.

Mr confused
08-04-2006, 18:32
Alrite peoples! Not sure if you have experienced this with NTL but this is the email I had to write to them because of problems with my broadband bill. I have not upgraded or anything!

I am again enquiring about our Internet bill for this month. We agreed a price of £17.99 per month and we have received an email telling us that this months internet bill is £21.99, Why is this? The first months bill was £29.02 which included half month payment and a full months payment due to installation on January the 17th which was understandable. Our bill for March was £17.99 as agreed, now for this coming month we have been charged £21.99. Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks

ANY IDEAS??????

cheers

Chris W
08-04-2006, 18:52
:welcome:

Do you pay by direct debit? If not, then you may be subject to the £4 non-direct debit charge... although i'm not sure if it has been implemented yet.

Mr confused
08-04-2006, 19:07
Yes we pay direct debit. Its taken from my dads account on the 27th of every month. I dont get it really, I havnt dialled any premium numbers or anything. Any other ideas? Cheers for the reply though.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

any other ideas people! I emailed NTL yesterday and asked why. But not had a reply yet. If I had unitentioanlly dialled a premium rate number then i dont think the price would be a "usual" figure like £21.99. IDEAS PLEEEEEEEASE?

thanks

Mr Angry
10-04-2006, 15:19
Looks like the DD issue is the most likely scenrio.

Is the account in your dad's name but services at your address or is the account in your name but funded by your father's account? Either scenario could cause ntl to have a SACoMP.

Mr confused
10-04-2006, 16:46
What is the DD issue? It is our address and its in his account. What is SACOMP? Sorry never of heard of them.

Mr Angry
10-04-2006, 16:58
The Direct Debit payment issue and the ensuing Spazmoid Account Cockups of Monumental Proportions.

Mr confused
10-04-2006, 17:32
haha, do these mistakes happen often? Just a random error you think. Do you/have you worked for NTL?