PDA

View Full Version : No Connectivity at all...

Tuftus
31-07-2005, 15:53
Hi,

My NTL has been down more than it has been up this week, the Sync and RDY lights are solid on the SACM and the levels seemed fine.

Been on to tech support and they dont know what it is and are sending an engineer.... next Saturday. :(

Has anyone else been having similar problems in the NN10 area? as there is nothing listed on the service status page...

Cheers

Andy

maverick
31-07-2005, 16:31
What ip address are you getting?

Tuftus
31-07-2005, 16:34
a 192 one at the mo but on tesco dialup...

maverick
31-07-2005, 16:41
Can you load this page http://192.168.100.1/ pass is "root" as is the user id.

Tuftus
31-07-2005, 18:24
Can you load this page http://192.168.100.1/ pass is "root" as is the user id.

No.

However, will it matter that I connect via a router and am connecting via dialup at the mo?

bopdude
31-07-2005, 18:37
Hi,

My NTL has been down more than it has been up this week, the Sync and RDY lights are solid on the SACM and the levels seemed fine.

Been on to tech support and they dont know what it is and are sending an engineer.... next Saturday. :(

Has anyone else been having similar problems in the NN10 area? as there is nothing listed on the service status page...

Cheers

Andy

I've been having the same problems, I was just about to post about it, I have to power down and reboot the CM, then all is fine for a while, I think its 3 times today so far, seems to be happening when I have my P2P proggy running :shrug:

maverick
31-07-2005, 18:48
No.

However, will it matter that I connect via a router and am connecting via dialup at the mo?

Connect the router direct to the pc then reboot the cable modem,then the pc and test your connection.If it still failes check your ip still isnt a 192.

Tuftus
31-07-2005, 18:48
I have rebooted the PC, modem and Router sooo many times... Still no joy.

When i rebbot the SACM tho it takes an age for it to settle and get the solid lights on sync n ready though... when it does it still dont work though...

:(

bopdude
31-07-2005, 18:53
I have rebooted the PC, modem and Router sooo many times... Still no joy.

When i rebbot the SACM tho it takes an age for it to settle and get the solid lights on sync n ready though... when it does it still dont work though...

Have you tried repairing the connection via control panel>network connections>Right clicking local area connections>repair.

might work :shrug:

If not, what does it say under the status tab ???

Tuftus
01-08-2005, 08:44
A bit of an update, tried to reboot the SACM again and the Sync & Ready lights are both out.

Looks like I am going to have to wait for that engineer...

Tuftus
02-08-2005, 21:11
OK, so I have my connection back of sorts...

Very intermittant, pages taking ages to load or not at all.

Was on the line to Tech support last night as they thought that they had fixed it but had not and they thought it may be the SACM at fault.

The question is, allthough I have connectivity back albeit not as good as it was, should I still have the engineer come on saturday?

If he says no fault found, will I get charged?

Or should I stick to my guns?

Advice please?

maverick
02-08-2005, 22:04
If NTL Tech support have booked the engineer then dont worry you wont be charged.

The only time a customer will be charged for a call out is if the customer demands an engineer when tech support cant find a fault,the customer is warned of this when the engineer booking is made.

Tuftus
02-08-2005, 22:43
Cool, it took like 15 seconds to load this page so I still have a prob but just dont want to get shafted by them saying... erm that is normal... sir.

Now we wait...

Will keep yall posted.