PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have Samsung STB & SACM into the same house ?

AmAtoL
30-07-2005, 19:44
Just thought I'd ask the question, it may seem a tad silly but I'm exploring all avenues ;)
My initial thoughts are that you can't, but you never know.
The missus works for NTL so cost is not a prime consideration, but I'd just downgrade the BB through the Samsung anyway.
You can get the SACM in an old C&W area (Stockport) just in case you were wondering, but probably not together. :erm:

Cheers

marky
30-07-2005, 19:46
That is exatly what i have samsung and sacm in bolton so ide say yes :D

AmAtoL
30-07-2005, 23:04
Lol, cheers markymoan, do you have Broadband piped through the Samsung as well ? .......just making 100% sure of the situation.

That is what I would want, BB through them both :o:

Tezcatlipoca
30-07-2005, 23:32
ntl only supply one broadband connection per account, so I very much doubt you could get broadband through both of them.

You could probably get a SACM for the broadband, but it would mean the Samsung would have its broadband removed.

Why do you want both?

If you need to connect more than one thing to the net, why not get a router?

marky
31-07-2005, 00:36
Lol, cheers markymoan, do you have Broadband piped through the Samsung as well ? .......just making 100% sure of the situation.

no only one broadband through the sacm :) but as matt says why?
in my own experience a download is only as fast as the weakest link so 3mbs shared is still rather fast :D

Woods
31-07-2005, 01:14
Does anyone know what the best way of me getting this converted is (STB to SACM)? When I originally had it installed they said that I could not do this, but mistakenly sent me a SACM anyway. Is it just going to be as easy as phoneing them up and ask them to SACM me?

Thanks

Tezcatlipoca
31-07-2005, 01:16
Does anyone know what the best way of me getting this converted is (STB to SACM)? When I originally had it installed they said that I could not do this, but mistakenly sent me a SACM anyway. Is it just going to be as easy as phoneing them up and ask them to SACM me?

Thanks

Should hopefully be that easy. Just give 'em a call :)

SLM
31-07-2005, 12:15

You can have this, you will need 2 accounts though and will be paying for each connection.

AmAtoL
31-07-2005, 16:21
To answer you guys in no particular order....

I have 3 PC's connected to the Samsung box through a router, so no problem there, we are on 3 meg also.
I am not too fussed about the download speed although it is fast as it is ;)
I have never had an issue with downloading, and rarely with surfing, P2P is also acceptable.
My main consideration is that we can have the 3 of us all playing Half-Life mods online at any one time and it gets a bit crowded up the pipe.
I have posted in other threads about the lag etc and I was just trying to find a way round it.
A 1 meg SACM would do me fine. Until I get to the bottom of the horrendous lag on occasion I will explore all the alternatives.

Cheers
Paul

:)