PDA

View Full Version : Snacks / treats

bopdude
30-07-2005, 14:48
I got to thinking, what do people like to snack on during the day or as a treat to themselves ;)
I like / love Biltong, Biltong is a South African snack that is basically dried meat ( raw ) that has been spiced and flavoured, it has many forms and flavours and can be made from a variety of meats from beef to :erm: horse :shrug: don't ask. You can buy it over here but not a lot of places sell it, well worth a try if you get the chance IMHO.

So what do others like, and where do you get it from ??

punky
30-07-2005, 14:50
South African raw horse meat eh? And that is safe? Gawd knows about healthy.

I tend to snack on apples and yoghurt these days (I am trying to lose weight, stop laughing), but in another life I used to pig out on loads and loads of crisps. Sometimes pringles and popcorn, with eccles cakes for treats.

Mr_love_monkey
30-07-2005, 14:53
I like twiglets...

Or chunks of cheese.

I'm very exciting like that :)

marky
30-07-2005, 14:58
I like twiglets...

Or chunks of cheese.

I'm very exciting like that :)

i'm having at this moment chunks of cheese some crackers and a bottle of chardonnay:D

Millay
30-07-2005, 15:06
Ive given up snacks as part of my healthy eating but generally have a banana or summit during the day..

http://www.thecoalexchange.co.uk/ - Is a perveyor of the finest quality billtong, including many different meats rather partial to osterich myself... i'll be down for a pint later :D

Angua
30-07-2005, 15:07
In the summer Galaxy ice cream, muffins, nectarines, strawberries and cherries.

Bobdude, where do you get those things (hubby likes beef jerky, pork scratchings and spicy food generally)? We can get genuine south african sausages but they are best barbecued. http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Thanx.gif

Halcyon
30-07-2005, 15:23
Grapes and Strawberries are lovely in the summer or if I'm peckish, a toasted cheese and tomato toastie.

Monster Jedi
30-07-2005, 15:28
A Sausage and Bacon Egg Sarnie for me

budwieser
30-07-2005, 15:28
Honeydew melon with sliced Gala Apples and Grapes:D

Beautiful.:tu:
Then a can of Tenants Super!:D :dozey: :dozey: :disturbd: :beer: (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=22#)

bb31
30-07-2005, 15:31
CHOCOLATE mmmmmmm

budwieser
30-07-2005, 15:31
A Sausage and Bacon Egg Sarnie for me

You mention THAT to a Man who Hasn`t had anything to eat today!!!!!!!!!!:Yikes: :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

Now i fancy a `Sloppy Burger`..................................:cool:

3 Burgers, Two Fried Eggs, 6 Rashers of Smoked Back Bacon,Fried Onions and Fried Mushrooms, Melted Cheese and Brown Sauce on top!

All for £ 4.25 in Haverhill.!:D Heart bypass for clogged Arteries is Optional!:)

Graham M
30-07-2005, 15:42
I got to thinking, what do people like to snack on during the day or as a treat to themselves ;)
I like / love Biltong, Biltong is a South African snack that is basically dried meat ( raw ) that has been spiced and flavoured, it has many forms and flavours and can be made from a variety of meats from beef to :erm: horse :shrug: don't ask. You can buy it over here but not a lot of places sell it, well worth a try if you get the chance IMHO.

Kind of like Jerky then? I like Jerky, Crisps, Kit Kats & Yorkie (specifically)and loads more that would take pages :)

Maggy
30-07-2005, 16:06
CHOCOLATE mmmmmmm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

My kind of woman. :D

homealone
30-07-2005, 16:26
nuts - pistachios & 'monkey' nuts, specifically. The peanuts I get roasted in the shell, now, in an attempt to reduce my salt intake.

- shelling nuts is a good way to keep your hands busy when trying not to smoke, as well - well it works for me ;)

Ramrod
30-07-2005, 16:34
Sausages! :drool:

Jules
30-07-2005, 16:56
Chocolate for me :)

Bifta
30-07-2005, 17:00

Bananas, I can't get enough of them, ever since giving up the fags I eat around 1-2lb of them a day, it's probably very unhealthy eating that amount but I can't help myself.

punky
30-07-2005, 17:00
Oh yeah, I do eat quite a few ice lollys now. Tesco's do some great healthy ones. Pure orange juice lollies. Mmmmm

marky
30-07-2005, 17:02
choc ice mmmmmmm:drool:

Tezcatlipoca
30-07-2005, 17:10
Cookies (choc chip, or hazelnut choc chip)

Jaffa cakes

Chocolate hobnobs

Chocolate hobnob flapjack bars

Chocolate

homealone
30-07-2005, 17:12
Oh yeah, I do eat quite a few ice lollys now. Tesco's do some great healthy ones. Pure orange juice lollies. Mmmmm

careful - too many might be bad for your teeth ;)

marky
30-07-2005, 17:17
I fancy burger king :afire: flame grilled yum yum

bopdude
30-07-2005, 18:04
Sausages! :drool:

would that be speaciality spicey sausage ?? and are you taking some to the Lan ?? Think I will, now you mention it :tu:

Angua
30-07-2005, 18:09
Bananas, I can't get enough of them, ever since giving up the fags I eat around 1-2lb of them a day, it's probably very unhealthy eating that amount but I can't help myself.
Here you go bananas (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/264552.stm)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/07/4.gif

ellie
30-07-2005, 23:52
Microwave popcorn ..just for the fun of listening to it 'pop pop pop POP' for 2 mins ..tastes yukky though https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/3.gif

marky
30-07-2005, 23:55
God i could murder a double whopper :rolleyes: :)

Russ
30-07-2005, 23:57
My favourite snack is 'sexual chocolate'. Read and observe.

Get a cup of tea and a penguin biscuit. Bite off opposing corners of the penguin and dip one of the munched-off corners in to the tea and use the other end to suck the tea up - don't worry, it'll be cooler by the time it reaches your lips, so in essence you're using the penguin like a straw.

Once you feel the tea in your mouth quickly stuff the whole penguin in to your mouth at once.

I know that sound a bit of a potch but honestly - try it. I won't describe it here but something will happen in your mouth which can only be described as 'sexual chocolate'!! :D

ellie
30-07-2005, 23:59

Get a cup of tea and a penguin biscuit. Bite off opposing corners of the penguin and dip one of the munched-off corners in to the tea and use the other end to suck the tea up - don't worry, it'll be cooler by the time it reaches your lips, so in essence you're using the penguin like a straw.

Once you feel the tea in your mouth quickly stuff the whole penguin in to your mouth at once.

I know that sound a bit of a potch but honestly - try it. I won't describe it here but something will happen in your mouth which can only be described as 'sexual chocolate'!! https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/3.gif

Would take more than that to be 'sexual chocolate' for me https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/5.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/15.gif

Angua
31-07-2005, 00:00

I know that sound a bit of a potch but honestly - try it. I won't describe it here but something will happen in your mouth which can only be described as 'sexual chocolate'!! :D

Nahh! It has to be Galaxy at the perfect temprature just held in the mouth whilst it meltshttp://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Sex.gif

Maggy
31-07-2005, 00:00

Actually I hear they are very good for you.

http://www.bellybytes.com/bytes/bananas.shtml

http://www.chiquita.com/discover/hn/low-carbdietposition.asp

marky
31-07-2005, 00:01

:) i saw that with kylie on tv aussie heaven i think she called it:)

Monster Jedi
31-07-2005, 00:15
[QUOTE=budwieser]Honeydew melon

She was on Top Cat ;)

marky
31-07-2005, 01:47
I fancy burger king :afire: flame grilled yum yum

thats it i want one where can i get one now what time do they close :hyper:

Nidge
31-07-2005, 06:38

To many of them can stop you going to the toilet, insted of a banana try a apple or some melon.

Halcyon
01-08-2005, 16:12
nuts - pistachios & 'monkey' nuts, specifically. The peanuts I get roasted in the shell, now, in an attempt to reduce my salt intake.

I love cashew nuts. I could eat them all day, they are so nice.
I sometimes buy some mixed nuts and dried fruit which is quite nice.

Bananas, I can't get enough of them,

I've always heard you shouldnt eat more than 2 per day as they can make you feel heavy and sometimes ill.

Left over cold chinese takeaway is always nice.

Monster Jedi
01-08-2005, 16:40
I Like cheese on toast with a poach egg on top

Maggy
01-08-2005, 16:44
I Like cheese on toast with a poach egg on top

That's not a snack..That's a fully fledged meal called Welsh Rarebit. ;)

TheBlueRaja
01-08-2005, 17:01
Bananas, I can't get enough of them, ever since giving up the fags

Whooohooohooohooo!! :rofl:

<Immature toilet humor alert!> :D

Halcyon
01-08-2005, 17:19
A fruit salad thats easily made with a few passion fruits, oranges, bannana, grapes, kiwi, pineapple, whatever fruits you have, is lovely in hot weather.

Matthew
01-08-2005, 19:29
I snack on anything what ever time of the day, it just depends on what mood I am in to what snack I have. At work I have a draw full of 10p chocolate bars etc.

MadGamer
01-08-2005, 19:42
A fruit salad thats easily made with a few passion fruits, oranges, bannana, grapes, kiwi, pineapple, whatever fruits you have, is lovely in hot weather.
Have to agree there :tu:, or just fruit on its own, is nice.

ikthius
01-08-2005, 20:09
CHOCOLATE mmmmmmm

what they said.

ik

Graham
02-08-2005, 00:44
I like twiglets...

Yeah! You have just entered the Twiglet Zone... :D

danielf
02-08-2005, 00:48
thats it i want one where can i get one now what time do they close :hyper:

Never trust a man that replies to his own posts... :)

marky
02-08-2005, 00:57
Never trust a man that replies to his own posts... :)

dont get me on the burger king thing again i'm quite happily having popcorn, pringles with salsa and sour cream & chive dips and a bottle of riesling
waiting to watch alien v predator :D

Monster Jedi
02-08-2005, 01:03
A nice flame grilled Rodeo Burger with xtra onion rings and mayo

danielf
02-08-2005, 01:04
dont get me on the burger king thing again i'm quite happily having popcorn, pringles with salsa and sour cream & chive dips and a bottle of riesling
waiting to watch alien v predator :D

Now there's a man who knows his snacks :tu: I like the bottle of Riesling as well ;)

TheBlueRaja
02-08-2005, 09:23
Proper cheesecake - not of that cheap stuff, the real deal New York style stuff. :drool:

orangebird
02-08-2005, 09:29
Salted popcorn, a walnuts and hazelnuts. Yum. :drool:

Halcyon
02-08-2005, 17:06
Proper cheesecake - not of that cheap stuff, the real deal New York style stuff. :drool:

With little bits of chocolate brownies on the top.
Delicious.