PDA

View Full Version : I have lost my modem...what can I do please?

Sco
29-07-2005, 17:01
Hi.

I lived in a student house, and when we moved out the black surfboard modem was left in the house, and has been thrown away by some cleaners. Is there anything i can do about this...I really cant afford the 200 quid or so, could I just buy a replacement on ebay and send that one in?

thanks
Andy

Tezcatlipoca
29-07-2005, 18:06
:welcome:

An "ebay" modem won't work.

I'd call telewest. I doubt that the modems they now use are worth anything near £200 (the ones ntl now use are, I think, worth less than a tenth of that!).

EBO48
29-07-2005, 18:12
Have they actually asked for it as normally they don't

Sco
29-07-2005, 19:34
I got a letter saying I owed 16 quid, the final bill. On the bottom it said if the eqipment isn't returned, there will be a cahrge.

Why would an ebay modem not work? It is exactly the same model as the one which we had?

I'm going to ignore it, but if they insist maybe il have to cough up the cash:mad:

Sco

Halcyon
30-07-2005, 14:09
It wont work as the modems are registered to be used at only that property where the account is held at.
You should ask telewest to provide you with a new modem. I very much doubt you will have to pay such a big amount.

Paul
30-07-2005, 17:20
I got a letter saying I owed 16 quid, the final bill. On the bottom it said if the eqipment isn't returned, there will be a cahrge.

Why would an ebay modem not work? It is exactly the same model as the one which we had?

I'm going to ignore it, but if they insist maybe il have to cough up the cash:mad:

ScoI doubt they will insist, ntl don't, it's not worth it - last I heard they were worth about a tenner. Just pay your final bill.