PDA

View Full Version : California has a new governor

Jerrek
08-10-2003, 04:19
Ladies and gentlemen,

As of 7pm PDT, one hour before polls close, 60% of Californians voted in favor of a recall, 51% voted for Schwarzenegger as Governor of California with Bustamante trailing behind at 40%.

Welcome, to the future Governor of California, Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger. May he terminate all the liberals' reckless spending and improve the left's record-breaking deficit in California.

zoombini
08-10-2003, 12:52
Oh dear... I can just image at the end of his term of office, the comment "I'll be back"...

NOt exactly the politician type..

timewarrior2001
08-10-2003, 12:59
Ladies and gentlemen,

As of 7pm PDT, one hour before polls close, 60% of Californians voted in favor of a recall, 51% voted for Schwarzenegger as Governor of California with Bustamante trailing behind at 40%.

Welcome, to the future Governor of California, Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger. May he terminate all the liberals' reckless spending and improve the left's record-breaking deficit in California.

60% + 51% + 40% = 151% my I never realised there were that many californians. :rolleyes: :D

Ramrod
08-10-2003, 13:00
Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome, to the future Governor of California, Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger. May he terminate all the liberals' reckless spending and improve the left's record-breaking deficit in California.This should be interesting..... :D

basa
08-10-2003, 16:26
60% + 51% + 40% = 151% my I never realised there were that many californians. :rolleyes: :D

Erm..there were two votes. First to decide if Gov Davis should be recalled as Governor. 60% said Yes to his recall (i.e. removal).

Second to vote for a new Governor. 51% Arnie 40% Bustamante....9% the rest presumably.

Jerrek
08-10-2003, 21:48
I said 40% for Bustamante? Ehh, it should be 30%... McClintock got 12%.

downquark1
10-10-2003, 09:06
How can they expect to lower taxes while solving the debt problem? Or is that just someone every US politition promises.

basa
10-10-2003, 10:03
How can they expect to lower taxes while solving the debt problem? Or is that just someone every US politition promises.

Arnie wearing his Terminator guise has promised to do a whip round of all the mega millionaire pop & movie stars in LA !! :cool:

(Actually that would probably work !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: )

Xaccers
10-10-2003, 10:24
Wow. They actually did it. Well at least this movie actor turned governor can't become president like the last one did.

In unrelated news, a technical research facility reports that several advanced 'artificial intelligence' machines have gone missing. While authoritiies are on the lookout, Skynet company officials insist there is no cause for alarm. They are unable, however, to make sense of the cryptic message "Kill John Connor" that is being displayed on all of their computer monitors. Hackers are suspected.

erol
10-10-2003, 11:13
Wow. They actually did it. Well at least this movie actor turned governor can't become president like the last one did.

The constitution can be change you know :)

I personally think if Arnie has any sucsess in turning things aroun in california then his path to the white house is assured.

Gogogo
10-10-2003, 11:36
The constitution can be change you know :)

I personally think if Arnie has any sucsess in turning things aroun in california then his path to the white house is assured.

Yeah, we can all now sleep peacefully at night knowing that should one of those stray asteroids head towards our beautiful planet, that the new man in the Califormia governor's mansion will save our planet from doom. What a relief!

Once safely installed in the Washington White House our chances of survival will increase even more dramatically.

:cool:

ntluser
10-10-2003, 13:22

It can be done by reducing unnecessary public spending and generating more income.

Most public services are inefficiently run so savings can be made there. If you get more people into employment, you gain more income through their taxes.

It's the same in the UK. We could spend less on public services, have lower taxes and better public services by eradicating waste and by getting more people into employment.

Xaccers
10-10-2003, 15:48
Should be interesting to watch . . . from afar. CA budget is $10B in the red. The Governator promised to repeal the recent automobile registration fee hike - but if he does that it will increase the deficit another $4B.

This just in . . . Authorities in a small northern California town are perplexed by the sudden disappearance of 2 women. While there is no indication that there was any relationship between the 2, police investigators are attempting to piece together the strange coincidence that both women were named "Sarah Connor". Foul play is not immediately suspected, said a police source.

Jerrek
10-10-2003, 20:42
You cut down on spending. Then you lower taxes. More money with the people increases spending and the economy will take off again.

kronas
10-10-2003, 20:44
You cut down on spending. Then you lower taxes. More money with the people increases spending and the economy will take off again.

DUH ! :rolleyes:

cjll3
11-10-2003, 00:34
It's the same in the UK. We could spend less on public services, have lower taxes and better public services by eradicating waste and by getting more people into employment.

Most people are employed in the public sector, get rid of them you'll have mass unemployment.