PDA

View Full Version : Ukonline problematic

zing_deleted
28-07-2005, 12:12
I know I posted about this a while back but the old thread has gone so I cant bump it.

My connection with ukonline 8 meg started on the 10th of May and its been plagued with problems. My line is to poor to hold full 8 meg so Im now only on 5 meg,and this drops every night so ive had to keep cable on for gaming.when its working its wicked but when there a problem....

About a month and half ago authentication had problems so when my modem dropped it would not pick up internet connection again,I called about this and nothing happened for 3 weeks (I had called a few times but got no help)Eventually they said there were a few in my area with this problem and they were doing something about it.There was a problem at the exchange when fixed my authentication problem was sorted.

Then this week my modem would gain dsl sync would connect with a red light but not properly,I was told it was under investigation.Yesterday everything was normal full day online off at night normal for me.

Today all lights go on and modem connects but no browsing.Ok I do all I can I even ghost my system back to a state where it had never been on the net so no rogue settings.So I call them, I knew more than there tech and he kept going off talking to someone who knows more.I can ping the bbc ip address but nothing else. I tried the modem on 2 different pcs same problem I even tried a bt modem which connected but no browsing.
Eventuallu he gave up saying an advanced engineer will call me. Ive heard this before they wont call never had yet and been told this loads of time.

Main problem with all this is each call your on hold for a minimum of 30 mins then your going through all there stuff you already done for another 30 mins.These calls are charged for. I called customer services and they are giving me the next month free but it isnt really,last month on my bill ukonline cost me at least £16 in call charges,and this month it may well happen again.

My whole experience of ukonline and LLU is a nightmare. Wait for ntl to release adsl2 and see what happens there or you all could end up bold through frustration