PDA

View Full Version : reports/abuse of cable vision

fiv_
27-07-2005, 21:18
I reside out of the us, and some of the people in my "area" have a concern with our local cable provider.
Quite recently our cable provider have been doing something which i and many others dont think is right, but have no idea if its illegal.
on stations other than our local, the provider plays television adds which i being funded locally. For example, if i were to be watching CNN the company would cut out that programming to play a local add and then bring the normal programming back, so that people watching the channel at the time would miss out on what ever was playing during that time frame...

Someone plz advise me:o:

spike7451
27-07-2005, 21:25
Welcome,
Sorry,but i'm afraid i cant help you as this is mainly a UK cable forum site & i gather you're in the U.S?
The might be someone who can help,but i have'nt got a clue (about this & many,many other things!)
Spike

MovedGoalPosts
27-07-2005, 21:28
This has nothing to do with ntl, as far as I can see Moved to other television services

Stuart
27-07-2005, 22:46
:welcome: fiv.

spiderplant
28-07-2005, 20:33
It's common for adverts to be inserted locally. However, it is usual for national adverts to be replaced by local ones, rather than cutting parts out of the main programme.

I have no idea about the legality of it. If you wish to complain I suggest you start with your local cable company. If you don't get anywhere with that, you could try contacting CNN because they may not be too happy about it either.

Is there a broadcasting regulatory authority in the US?