PDA

View Full Version : 2MB BB but 1MB speed

UncleBooBoo
26-07-2005, 08:56
can anyone help i just had my bb installed and im supposed to be on the 2mb service but when i do a speed test it shows me as 1MB....

why is this???

Angua
26-07-2005, 09:01
Check with CS straight away, but make sure you have a fellow welsh person at the other end of the phone?

UncleBooBoo
26-07-2005, 09:13
thanks for that i just called them and they said they had me on their 1meg service??????

I ordered the 2meg service with the first month free!

he was very helpfull and upgraded me asap to the 2meg and promised me i would get the 1st month free soo i guess ill wait and see!

just done a new speed test and im running at 2meg yipeeeeeeeeeee

Angua
26-07-2005, 09:14
thanks for that i just called them and they said they had me on their 1meg service??????

I ordered the 2meg service with the first month free!

he was very helpfull and upgraded me asap to the 2meg and promised me i would get the 1st month free soo i guess ill wait and see!

just done a new speed test and im running at 2meg yipeeeeeeeeeee
Download Failed (1) Glad your OK now.

Nismo
26-07-2005, 09:54
Exactly the same happened to me. Ordered 2MB about 2 weeks ago and they put me on 1MB instead.

Sounds like you had an easier time trying to sort it out though, my 'problem' was passed to and from different departments over 3-4 days, with a call to the india centre eventually sorting it.

What makes me mad is that a normal CS bod was able to resolve the problem straight away, whilst several others at the same level said they couldnt do anything about it :/

UncleBooBoo
26-07-2005, 10:04
I want to add to this post instead of creating another, does anyone know of any software that monitors how much bandwidth i have used so i know when im reaching my cap?

Nismo
26-07-2005, 10:38
I want to add to this post instead of creating another, does anyone know of any software that monitors how much bandwidth i have used so i know when im reaching my cap?

Try NetMeter

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/