PDA

View Full Version : Clios Remote locking

liamboyle06
25-07-2005, 20:46
Hi everybody
My 97 cllio has remote locking, and i suspect the battery is starting to die in the key.
Does anybody know what type of battery it takes?
Does anybody know if the key needs to be reprogrammed ( or something like that) if the battery is removed?

I dont have any manuals that tells me that sort of stuff

marky
25-07-2005, 20:50
do not take the battery out if your car has a immobilizer take it to a dealer to change it if the battery is removed you have about 6 or 8 seconds to put the new one in or the key will lose its memory

(from a nasty experience with a megane):D

budwieser
25-07-2005, 20:52
Hi everybody
My 97 cllio has remote locking, and i suspect the battery is starting to die in the key.
Does anybody know what type of battery it takes?
Does anybody know if the key needs to be reprogrammed ( or something like that) if the battery is removed?

I dont have any manuals that tells me that sort of stuff

Unlock the car, IE, disarm the immobiliser, replace the battery and you are good to go.:)
The key does not need to be reprogrammed unless the lockset, key or Alarm system are changed.

Caspar
25-07-2005, 21:19
I had my Vectra carkey battery replaced last week, whilst at the dealer getting some news tyres, he changed the battery and then came out and did something with the car, sync'ing it or something.

I'd recommend nipping down to your Renault dealer and getting them to sort it...my Vauxhall dealer charged me £1.50 for the new battery, done and dusted. ;)

iain_herts
25-07-2005, 21:43
i got a corsa and all i did was wen down to vauxhall got the bat and just change it over and didnt have to reprogram the key either and only cost me £1.20 for the bat

SMHarman
25-07-2005, 23:10
And get it done quickly to make sure the battery not the key is failing. If you end up with no working remote key on a GM car then car needs a chunk of the security system replacing costing about £700.

marky
25-07-2005, 23:19
And get it done quickly to make sure the battery not the key is failing. If you end up with no working remote key on a GM car then car needs a chunk of the security system replacing costing about £700.

:waving: look up there ^^^^ its a clio oops: :)

AndrewJ
25-07-2005, 23:27
Aint Renault part of GM though I am sure they was taken over.

leef78
26-07-2005, 10:00
Aint Renault part of GM though I am sure they was taken over.

No, Renault are nothing to do with GM. My battery went on my clio (98) just took it the local watch shop and he whacked a battery in, £2.00, no reprogramming or anything like that. Balls to renault, they'll probably charge about a tenner for the same thing.

SMHarman
26-07-2005, 12:45
Renault are not part of GM, Caspar (Post 4) mentioned GM. Car security is a bit of a minefield these days. Again with the GM one, in my case it was not a failing battery, but something intermittently failing on the plip itself. Another example is the red/blue Fiat key, if you loose that you cannot replace any keys on the car as it is the masterkey.