PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Faults

Taf
07-10-2003, 09:56
Here in our part of Cardiff (CF14) we lost BB, digital and analogue TV around midday on Sunday. The BB condition phone number constantly said there were no problems anywhere, the 151 line just said they were shut until Monday morning, but a nice man on the Business line said he would pass on info about the fault.

The services were still out on Monday morning so I called to report the fault and was told that as soon as 4 complaints were made, an engineer had been sent out "around 08:15". The services eventually came back just before lunchtime, though BB seemed to be receiving but not transmitting for half an hour after that.

Is there no other way for us to contact them to report a fault on a Sunday?

(And do you reckon I should press for compensation?).

MovedGoalPosts
07-10-2003, 11:08
It's not your fault that there was a fault out of hours and it's also not your fault that there was nobody at the fault centre to report the fault to. So yes I would express your dissattisfaction and see what you can get.

Once upon a time ntl did have fault centres manned almost 24 hours (or was that back in the good old days of CWC or Nynex?). Ntl contract to provide a 24 hours service. Equally they do not guarantee total uptime, but to not have anyone in fault centres daytime at weekends is rediculous. They saved money, by not manning a fault centre (yet it sounds like they were prepared to man a sales desk). Therefore it is ntls inadequate provision that caused your inconvenience, for a problem that should have been fixed readily if they had staffed properly (OK to have expected engineers to turn out at 3:00am on a Sunday morning might be less reasonable). So try and get that money off them.