PDA

View Full Version : Web Developer?

Caspar
22-07-2005, 19:20
As some of you know I am an IT Development Manager...and now I'm looking for a Web Developer, with circa 1 year commercial expereince to join my team.

The company is based in Cheadle, Manchester, with a Salary of £18-£22K

If anyone is interested then post here or PM me :)

Richard M
22-07-2005, 19:39
Will you pay me £22k if I move up North? :D

Strzelecki
22-07-2005, 19:46
Damn slightly to far for me here in Stoke. I'm looking for this sort of thing too!

skyblueheroes
22-07-2005, 19:47
Will you pay me £22k if I move up North? :D

You'd need to double that for me to move up ;) :p:

marky
22-07-2005, 19:48
i'd apply but i need to be bitten by a radio active spider first :doh: then i'd have to wait 12 mnth :shrug:

Caspar
22-07-2005, 19:51
Will you pay me £22k if I move up North? :DThe job has a salary range of upto £22k...

skyblueheroes
22-07-2005, 20:02
The job has a salary range of upto £22k...

In other words...........you can expect to reach that by the time you're 60 :D

Caspar
22-07-2005, 20:09
In other words...........you can expect to reach that by the time you're 60 :DNo, it means I am offering upto £22K on start, i.e when you begin your employment. :)

ikthius
23-07-2005, 07:56
I would love to apply, but I don't think I am good enough.

Plus I don't have the experience. :D

ik

Bifta
23-07-2005, 12:15
As some of you know I am an IT Development Manager...and now I'm looking for a Web Developer, with circa 1 year commercial expereince to join my team.

22K for a developer is sinful, I'd expect that for a designer.

punky
23-07-2005, 12:22
Does sound kinda tempting, especially if I move up to Manchester which means I don't have to pay London prices. That is like another payrise on top.

Trouble is my life is a bit too messed up though to make a descision about it :(

Richard M
23-07-2005, 12:29

22K for a developer is sinful, I'd expect that for a designer.

I'd say it's about average for someone with 1 year of experience, outside of London anyway.
You'd be surprised at how much I get ATM, I'm not saying though. :D

Bifta
23-07-2005, 12:30
I'd say it's about average for someone with 1 year of experience, outside of London anyway.
You'd be surprised at how much I get ATM, I'm not saying though. :D

It'd probably be slightly more helpful if he details exactly what the job entailed, then people can make up their mind if they're capable of doing it or not.

Richard M
23-07-2005, 13:05
Probably ASP/MSSQL stuff.

Caspar
23-07-2005, 18:18
Probably ASP/MSSQL stuff.It is... here's the advert then went out...

Cheadle, Manchester, based call centre is looking for ASP Web Developer to join their team. The skills required are ASP, HTML, CSS and MS SQL Server. The role is hands on which will involve the design, development and maintenance of Web based applications and content management systems. Full knowledge of the development life cycle is an advantage. This role is in a fast paced call centre with a large appetite for developments, so the successful candidate must well motivated, creative, conscientious and dedicated.
There will be some networking and support involved. The client is growing rapidly so opportunities to develop your career to the next stage are often available.

1 years development commercial experience, (non-management). Development portfolio/examples preferred.

Job Type: Permanent

As you can see I'm not asking or expecting alot... :) And the salary bracket is competitive. :)

Richard M
23-07-2005, 20:55
Pretty much what I do now, except I prefer using PHP for large projects and C# for apps.

marky
23-07-2005, 21:08
I must admit up to £440 a week up north is pretty good taking into consideration that if a house cost £250000 near london it would be £100000 less up here and the total cost of living is less

i love it :cool:

Caspar
24-07-2005, 17:01
Pretty much what I do now, except I prefer using PHP for large projects and C# for apps.The way I see it is that peeps use the tools that they are exposed to and adapt to new ones when needed to ;)

Exclusing Uni work, which you are exposed to a lot of different programming and development tools/ideals etc... I started using ASP cause that's what the first website I ever developed required, = commerical contraint.

If that website was PHP/MySQL driven then my path would be different... :)

..back ontopic. :) Anyone else... I'll pass the names so far over to HR on Monday ;)

zoombini
25-07-2005, 08:44
The web developer that we have at work only gets 21K & we are 50 miles North of Manchester.

Caspar
29-07-2005, 12:02
I'm interviewing next week so if anyone wants a job then PM me! ;)