PDA

View Full Version : Nthell - The Future

ian@huth
06-10-2003, 21:57
Copy of my post on .com

Nthell - The Future

THE PAST

Nthellworld.com was started by Frank as a protest site against NTL.

NTL eventually bought it.

NTL announce Community and changes to nthellworld.com

Nthellworld .co.uk is set up as a replacement for .com - not NTL owned.

THE PRESENT

Community site was opened with a knowledge base but no forum area but nothing has been done on the site for quite a while despite statements from Ashg that over 400 more topics were to be added to the knowledge base and we would soon see an improvement in the site.

Nthellworld .co.uk is chugging along but most of the posts have nothing to do with NTL and it has nothing of the feel of the old .com site.

Nthellworld.com has fewer members participating in the forums and the feel is significantly different to what it used to be. Posters who have something detrimental to say about NTL are soon pounced on by NTL employees who try to give the impression that NTL is the best, cheapest and only supplier of telecom, internet and TV services that anyone in their right mind should consider. Some of their claims are downright lies.

THE FUTURE

How will the three sites (.com, .co.uk and Community) develop in the future?

Will Community ever get off the ground?

Will .com regain its previous feel?

Will the "I love NTL, it's perfect" brigade get realistic and tell the situation as it is?

Will .co.uk ever get to replace .com and have the old "feel" of .com?

Will NTL customers ever be regarded as the people that matter to NTL and be given the service that they deserve.

DISCUSS

Graham F
06-10-2003, 22:03
You should post this on the Community site as well!!

Damn it sorry you can't cos the forums aren't there yet are they :rolleyes:

downquark1
06-10-2003, 22:09
I have to agree that .com seems to be better for technical problems.

Steve H
06-10-2003, 22:19
I have to agree that .com seems to be better for technical problems.

Depends what you mean by "Technical Problems"... If you mean general computer help.. Then this site offers the same, if not more expertise than .com

If you mean NTL related help - Then I believe we are less specfic with the help, such as helping out with proxies/DNS servers, etc, as we dont have the links .com has with NTL. Although, things can and hopefully will change.. and NTL will start worrying :smokin:

Shaun
06-10-2003, 22:22
, things can and hopefully will change.. and NTL will start worrying :smokin:

I think they already have ;) If not they should :cool:

Chris
06-10-2003, 23:44
NTL shot themselves in the foot by announcing Community. Would this site exist today if they had not threatened to nobble .com? I heard that this site would have started up eventually anyway, but without the threat of the axe over .com, would this site have attracted nearly as many members, and so quickly? Now there is a vibrant ntl-related forum out there that they cannot control, and to make it worse they have damaged .com without building themselves anything to replace it. There is still no forum at Community. The k-base, which should have been a good idea, sits gathering cobwebs like someone got bored with it very quickly. Bungling and incompetence from start to finish.

As for ntl-related help on this forum, .com may have the edge at the moment but that site is, sadly, on a downward spiral and once there is nowhere else to go I think it's inevitable this site will benefit from some of the displacement. After all, .com enjoyed unofficial help from staffers before it became ntl-owned, so no-one can say an independent site can't offer effective help.

I think it is easy for us to lose sight of the fact that this forum is only five months old, precisely because it has had such swift success. Give it time. I think this is the place to be.

Shaun
06-10-2003, 23:48
I think this is the place to be.

Here here (sorry Frank/Neil)

ian@huth
06-10-2003, 23:54
I have often wondered if Community was just a ploy to lead to the demise of .com . Ashg has said that Community was designed to help a couple of million customers but I fail to see how this could be achieved. NTL seem hell bent on destroying .com and I don't believe that they ever thought that a replacement site for it would ever materialise. How wrong they were.

Alan Waddington
06-10-2003, 23:56
The falling axe on the NTL forums has not been revoked AFAIK, merely a stay of execution.

As regards community, the knowledge base is a great idea (although it needs a bit of work on the SQL stoplist, which prevents any searches with common words - instead of just ignoring them - :sigh: )

homealone
07-10-2003, 00:01
Here here (sorry Frank/Neil)

both both - sorry no-one:D

Shaun
07-10-2003, 00:04
both both - sorry no-one:D

I feel so guilty though after meeting them and seeing what nice guys they are! :cool:

homealone
07-10-2003, 00:11
I feel so guilty though after meeting them and seeing what nice guys they are! :cool:

aren't they, though, but you have to say what you think:)

:wavey:

Frank
07-10-2003, 00:21
Don't feel guilty, I agree.

I encourage everyone to speak their mind openly.

Shaun
07-10-2003, 00:30
Don't feel guilty, I agree.

I encourage everyone to speak their mind openly.

;)

downquark1
07-10-2003, 10:49
If .com doesn't go down can we merge back with .com - I miss Mr. Mooney and jamesclarke555 :(

Although here we don't get adds at the bottom :)

MovedGoalPosts
07-10-2003, 12:04
Untill community is fully up and running it's difficult for us to assess how much of a replacement for .com it will be. It has potential assuming that ntl management don't cripple it.

I suppose the key aspect will be whether you have to find the answer by searching the knowledge base thingy, or whether you can still get help in some form of discussion forum, as it can often be the multiple suggestions of the forum that give rise to your solution when something isn't straightforward.

Of course, as the "official" means of getting ntl online assistance, one presumes ntl will actually promote it, ideally from ntlworld.com, so users can find it. Given that .com never got promoted, but is found accidentally by those in need through search sites and the like, .com has attracted a good following.

As for .com itself, even though the stay of execution appears to be on hold, while community remains "coming soon", one wonders if it will have a reason for being once ntl discussion is removed as was planned. After all the more active non ntl subject posters do appear to have migrated to this site.

The real loss in all this is the ntl management. They are the ones who appear to wish to stifle customer criticism, postivie, negative and constructive, by saying that community will not handle it, neither will .com, and thus again removing the official means by which management could have taken on board suggestions of ways to improve. Ntl seem to be scared of communication with customers.

I suppose we'll just have to see what eventually evolves.

Gogogo
07-10-2003, 12:04

Reply: Looks very doubtful.

Reply: no, not while NTL run it.

Will the "I love NTL, it's perfect" brigade get realistic and tell the situation as it is?

Reply: no hope there I'm afraid, can a leopard change its spots?

Reply: very likely, that old "feel" as you suggest is growing.

Will NTL customers ever be regarded as the people that matter to NTL and be given the service that they deserve.

Reply: no way, NTL's decision to re-employ Mr Barcaly Knapp for £3,500 a day, shows that the senior company management don't care what customers think or do.

Lastly, there can be no merger of nthellworld.com or this site whilst the nthellworld.com is owned and run by NTL.

There apperently used to be a saying at Enron: the Titanic went down with its lights on, perhaps NTL will follow Enron and go down with its lights on.

:cool:

Shaun
07-10-2003, 13:33
that old "feel" as you suggest is growing.

It is isn't it :)

Undisputedtruth
07-10-2003, 19:27

Reply: no hope there I'm afraid, can a leopard change its spots?

:cool:

I would have to agree here. The proNTL mobs have been exposed for what they are. Many of proNTL mobs were under the cover of Craig J. Now that he is gone, I think proNTL mob cannot get up to their usual tricks. Only the stupid do not realise what is going on.

Hopefully, one day this site will reach the hey day of nthw.com.

Escapee
07-10-2003, 20:52
I would have to agree here. The proNTL mobs have been exposed for what they are. Many of proNTL mobs were under the cover of Craig J. Now that he is gone, I think proNTL mob cannot get up to their usual tricks. Only the stupid do not realise what is going on.

Hopefully, one day this site will reach the hey day of nthw.com.

To be fair UDT the true pro mob were a very small bunch of employees, I think their membership actually dwindled as some of them appeared to turn more towards anti-ntl as they became s**t on as many had been before them.

It's amazing how poor treatment to an individual by an employer can usually make you sit up and take note, and it's often something that has been going on around you for a time but not directly affected you and you choose not to notice. (ntl blinkers are standard fittment for many)

Hopefully we will all now get the same treatment, I wonder if you have also noticed how quiet the pro mob have gone. Indeed some of them seem to of dissapeared from the site. Perhaps .com will also lose many of those suspicious posters that only appear once in a blue moon to argue in an apparent attempt to single someone out for a ban or force them to leave etc. :eeek:

homealone
07-10-2003, 22:00
To be fair UDT the true pro mob were a very small bunch of employees, I think their membership actually dwindled as some of them appeared to turn more towards anti-ntl as they became s**t on as many had been before them.

It's amazing how poor treatment to an individual by an employer can usually make you sit up and take note, and it's often something that has been going on around you for a time but not directly affected you and you choose not to notice. (ntl blinkers are standard fittment for many)

Hopefully we will all now get the same treatment, I wonder if you have also noticed how quiet the pro mob have gone. Indeed some of them seem to of dissapeared from the site. Perhaps .com will also lose many of those suspicious posters that only appear once in a blue moon to argue in an apparent attempt to single someone out for a ban or force them to leave etc. :eeek:

hi Escapee

a copy of some advice follows

- Donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t post angry
- Argue the issue, not the person
- The art of winning arguments is about appearing more reasonable (not shouting the loudest).

courtesy of http://www.plasticbag.org/archives/2003/09/advice_for_members_of_online_communities.shtml

- not my advice - just, for me, an example of how assuming people who post in here are aligned in any way, is false.

e-mail has been crap - getting better, for me, lately.

newsgroups are crap, still:( - I found a way round it!:shrug:)

Phone, Analogue TV & 600k BB (for browsing & downloads) have been ok.

- the idea of pro/anti NTL is not an issue here - the issues are!:peaceman:

<edit> that smiley was meant to be peaceman

Escapee
07-10-2003, 22:30
hi Escapee

a copy of some advice follows

- Don’t post angry
- Argue the issue, not the person
- The art of winning arguments is about appearing more reasonable (not shouting the loudest).

courtesy of http://www.plasticbag.org/archives/2003/09/advice_for_members_of_online_communities.shtml

- not my advice - just, for me, an example of how assuming people who post in here are aligned in any way, is false.

e-mail has been crap - getting better, for me, lately.

newsgroups are crap, still:( - I found a way round it!:shrug:)

Phone, Analogue TV & 600k BB (for browsing & downloads) have been ok.

- the idea of pro/anti NTL is not an issue here - the issues are!:peaceman:

I was not posting angry, and I am reasonable toward other peoples views. I just have trouble appreciating why some employees say everything is great when it's not. certain members in very small numbers have on occassions lied through their back teeth and used every excuse under the sun to defend ntl,
why? are they directors with something to lose? No they are usually a humble CS person or office clerk etc.
(No put down intended there)

I have also disagreed with some of the anti-ntl posters when their argument against ntl is not based on true facts, so I don't think that I can be treated as 100% unreasonable.
I was also pointing out that the numbers of so-called pro-ntl people were IMHO not as great as some people thought, it was just that they were allowed a bit more freedom/priviledges. I hold no grudges against anyone that has had a genuine argument/disagreement with me at all. I was mainly refering to the posters that sometimes appeared and seemed to pick on an individual (usually one who was complaining about ntl) and get away with it! if the picked on individual "lost it" they would end up with a ban. I received this sort of treatment by a person who joined, argued, complained about me and my post and then dissapeared into the sunset.
Strange or what? Who was he I wonder!
I was even told by a couple of reliable ntl sources that two CS managers in a meeting in Cardiff wanted me banned from .com for the information that I posted exposing their bad practices and showing them for what they really are.

Is silencing critics really the answer?

I think in was mentioned in another thread elsewhere recently that some people had changed their opinion of their employer due to bad treatment, I just hope that we can all be a little honest with one another because there is no need for employees to defend the company when it's in the wrong and there is also no need for customers to rant at employees who are trying to help.

I just felt that there was no way forward on the .com site whilst some people were being given an unfair advantage over others! Hopefully with a more even playing field on all sites we can have some healthy discussions and help one another.

homealone
07-10-2003, 22:42
<snip>Hopefully with a more even playing field on all sites we can have some healthy discussions and help one another.

right on - couldn't agree more.:cool:

like it said - not the person, my post wasn't an attack on you, thankyou for not taking it that way. We CAN move on from here in a positive way.

Undisputedtruth
08-10-2003, 00:01
Is silencing critics really the answer?

Well, they tried it with me and unlucky for them I had plenty in reserve. So the more they attacked me the more I criticised. :)

I just felt that there was no way forward on the .com site whilst some people were being given an unfair advantage over others! Hopefully with a more even playing field on all sites we can have some healthy discussions and help one another.

Now that Craig is out of the way, I'm sure there is more of a level playing field. Even the mods here are not paying hardly any attention to the people close to here. You know the types, they act all humble in your face and then stab you in the back.

Just to also note, that I received a number of PMs where fellow members have been attacked as described by Escapee. I hope someone like Homealone, who tries to act all humble when the argument suits him, takes notice. Only then can we truly move right on.

Chris
08-10-2003, 00:16
Well, they tried it with me and unlucky for them I had plenty in reserve. So the more they attacked me the more I criticised. :)

Now that Craig is out of the way, I'm sure there is more of a level playing field. Even the mods here are not paying hardly any attention to the people close to here. You know the types, they act all humble in your face and then stab you in the back.

Just to also note, that I received a number of PMs where fellow members have been attacked as described by Escapee. I hope someone like Homealone, who tries to act all humble when the argument suits him, takes notice. Only then can we truly move right on.
The problem I have with all this is, who are 'they?' Who are the ostensibly humble back-stabbers? With the notable exception of CJ, who has had a right leathering in this forum lately, the 'proNTL mob' remain a mysterious and shady lot. We joke about your 'little black book', but in truth I'd really like to know where you personally draw the line between what you consider fair comment on the part of people who by-and-large get good service from NTL, and what you consider to be malicious defending of the indefensible. For example, I am quite surprised that you seem to consider homealone to be so two-faced. This has never been my experience.

I want to know whether you are interested in genuine debate about NTL or just out to diss anyone who disagrees with you. As far as I can see, the future of this forum lies in honest debate about the issues, as homealone says, not in personal attacks on people we disagree with.

homealone
08-10-2003, 00:30

All I can say is come & meet me at the next meet, I will buy you a drink & talk sh*t till dawn. If you think I am humble - you try wrestling with Bopdude:D

homealone
08-10-2003, 00:54
The problem I have with all this is, who are 'they?' Who are the ostensibly humble back-stabbers? With the notable exception of CJ, who has had a right leathering in this forum lately, the 'proNTL mob' remain a mysterious and shady lot. We joke about your 'little black book', but in truth I'd really like to know where you personally draw the line between what you consider fair comment on the part of people who by-and-large get good service from NTL, and what you consider to be malicious defending of the indefensible. For example, I am quite surprised that you seem to consider homealone to be so two-faced. This has never been my experience.

I want to know whether you are interested in genuine debate about NTL or just out to diss anyone who disagrees with you. As far as I can see, the future of this forum lies in honest debate about the issues, as homealone says, not in personal attacks on people we disagree with.

thanks towny, I respect your posts, obviously this one more than most, I am after genuine debate not dogma!

Richard M
08-10-2003, 01:48

Most definitely. :)

Colin
09-10-2003, 17:11
I dunno, I seem to want to browse this forum for things not so much to do with NTL now (not that i have been browsing that much latley anyway). I seem to be spending more time in the non ntl related topics more than anything. Whereas a couple of years ago i would go on .com just to speak about NTL.

One of the reasons for this is if you get into a discussion you have to start defending your right to give your opinion, resulting in you being labelled and segregated into a certain group, and that really does not interest me. I used to enjoy a healthy debate on .com, but on here which ever debate you get into, it goes down the same old route (saying something positive = Pro-NTL, defending yourself against this title = Even more pro NTL)

I hope this site does equal .com in its hayday as it was a lot of fun, but there is a long way to go.

carlingman
09-10-2003, 23:33
Copy of my post on .com

Nthell - The Future

THE PAST

Nthellworld.com was started by Frank as a protest site against NTL.

NTL eventually bought it.

NTL announce Community and changes to nthellworld.com

Nthellworld .co.uk is set up as a replacement for .com - not NTL owned.

THE PRESENT

Community site was opened with a knowledge base but no forum area but nothing has been done on the site for quite a while despite statements from Ashg that over 400 more topics were to be added to the knowledge base and we would soon see an improvement in the site.

Nthellworld .co.uk is chugging along but most of the posts have nothing to do with NTL and it has nothing of the feel of the old .com site.

Nthellworld.com has fewer members participating in the forums and the feel is significantly different to what it used to be. Posters who have something detrimental to say about NTL are soon pounced on by NTL employees who try to give the impression that NTL is the best, cheapest and only supplier of telecom, internet and TV services that anyone in their right mind should consider. Some of their claims are downright lies.

THE FUTURE

DISCUSS

Well as I posted this or very similar at the .com site for those that donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t drift over there I thought I would share this with you people here for those that are interested in this thread.

Ok as you asked to discuss I will throw in my 2ps worth.

Firstly †“ THE PAST

1. Well thatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s in the past but Frank at the time started the site that built itself into a thriving community and forum of its own which in time became an embarrassment to NTL so they purchased the site in an attempt to silence it.

2. They then took the step of locking areas that caused NTL further embarrassment on site they now own by making people sign in to view certain forum areas.

3. Again more failures so they decided to give the Mods/Admin there a more positive involvement and put them on the payroll so to speak in order to create a more pleasing outlook for themselves.

Point 3 worked and for a time that site became very successful in solving posters problems with the intervention of Mods/Admin turning posters problems into happy threads.

Recently this has dwindled with the lack of acknowledgements of repeat problems and the ability to pick and choose the threads to glorify and the ability to overlook ongoing problematic threads regarding pings/email/and the general state of the network etc.

After realising the points 1,2 and 3 generally were failing again and the silencing of the site was not working NTL took a step further and decided to try and calm things further by the suggestion of a new community site in the hope people there would behave themselves there and await the launching of the new community site.

Secondly †“ THE PRESENT

Where we are at now is an intermediate stop gap and testing period to see if the promise of a new community will quash and diminish their forum.

This coupled with the launch of .co.uk has worked in my opinion but not for the reasons of community being launched.

I think this site was not set up as a direct replacement for this .com but as a place where customer and members here alike can go and post without the censorship that has increased at .com in recent times.

Other contributing factors have been the recent removal of a Moderator (CJ) being removed from the site because of his apparent attitude to belittle his fellow moderators and feather his own nest for a place in community has no doubt been off putting to a lot of posters on .com who have now made their own choice and moved on to pastures new.

At present we still have the touchy touchy attitude on .com with lame excuses being given for ongoing problems and apart from the promise of the odd meeting here and there nothing conclusive being done to address the real problems with DNS/Email and the constant blaming of the recent viruses.

We also see the naivety of staff posting at every opportunity jumping to the defence of NTL and in some cases rather than admitting a problem they tend to adopt the attitude of starting the reply with an insult to the poster.

Now donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t get me wrong there are some Staff/CLT at .com that go out of their way to help and no doubt this is very much appreciated.

Thirdly †“ THE FUTURE

As for the three sites developing, well in short .com as we once knew it will never regain its original feel unless Frank or someone buys it back from NTL.

Well with regards to the community site getting off the ground - Well I think it will eventually sometime in the next 5 years or so as they are aware of this and are working towards a resolve.

As for the †œI love NTL brigadeââ‚à ‚¬Ã‚ I think employees will wise up to this once they have worked for them for long enough and begin to realise they are nothing more than a number to NTL.

In days gone by NTL were a good company to work for until they shat all over they staff, in my case increased their shifts, reduced their breaks, hammered down on call lengths and then promised planning for growth and pay rises and then once they had all our co-operation closed down Cleppa Park and made us all redundant while they transferred Tech Support to Swansea.

Donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t get me wrong I am not a bitter ex employee as this was the best thing that ever happened to me but from postings here and at .com I can see current employees sharing the same optimistic opinions as I did when I first started working for them.

As for this site getting to replace .com and having the old feel of .com †“ Hmm three very brief words on this †“ it already has.

Well still here are you †“ if so thanks for reading.

:)

Shaun
09-10-2003, 23:49
As for this site getting to replace .com and having the old feel of .com †“ Hmm three very brief words on this †“ it already has.

Top post and this quote sums it up for me ;)

Rara Avis
12-10-2003, 01:05
I agree. I have to admit to only being on the .com site for a matter of weeks before it degenerated and had heard great things from mates who'd been supported by techs and others. Came here about a month ago but haven't had as much trouble with my connection and email as I used to so have not popped in as much as I thought I would. Having said that, this site is a lot more casual than what I'd now call the regime at .com, but the help is at hand, not as formalised as it was on .com but here nonetheless. I see it as more of a support group than a technical aid site, and the help is what we make it. I spend more of my time reading posts on here than answering them, whether they be techincal ones or more casual ones. I agree with carlingman, while there may not be the CLT to take matters into their own hands, there seem to be plenty of others, both friend and foe - if you believe all the pro-ntl and anti-ntl tosh - who lend an ear and a hand if it's needed.
What more can we ask for? Well, one day the community site may be the godsend it's planning to be, but until then, we have each other and this site.
Why run it down when we can make it better?
Cheers to be big guys that run it and are making a difference!

homealone
12-10-2003, 01:40
I agree. I have to admit to only being on the .com site for a matter of weeks before it degenerated and had heard great things from mates who'd been supported by techs and others. Came here about a month ago but haven't had as much trouble with my connection and email as I used to so have not popped in as much as I thought I would. Having said that, this site is a lot more casual than what I'd now call the regime at .com, but the help is at hand, not as formalised as it was on .com but here nonetheless. I see it as more of a support group than a technical aid site, and the help is what we make it. I spend more of my time reading posts on here than answering them, whether they be techincal ones or more casual ones. I agree with carlingman, while there may not be the CLT to take matters into their own hands, there seem to be plenty of others, both friend and foe - if you believe all the pro-ntl and anti-ntl tosh - who lend an ear and a hand if it's needed.
What more can we ask for? Well, one day the community site may be the godsend it's planning to be, but until then, we have each other and this site.
Why run it down when we can make it better?
Cheers to be big guys that run it and are making a difference!

what a great guy - nice post avis

Russ
12-10-2003, 13:52

That's probably one of the biggest compliments the admin team could hope to recieve :)

Richard M
12-10-2003, 23:56
:D

I think this page of posts will prove it too:
http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3299&page=3&pp=15

I feel so nostalgic. :D

erol
13-10-2003, 00:23
:D

I think this page of posts will prove it too:
http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3299&page=3&pp=15

I feel so nostalgic. :D

How's that then ?

After a few weeks posting am I to be subject to increasing attacks, with the mods taking a lead, with constant question of 'who am I' and 'why am I there' instead of any attempt to talk about the 'issues', with increasing personal abuse, again much of it from mods, finally leading to a summary ban and IP blocked from even viewing the site, without any warnigs or communications what so ever ?

If so then I can only agree that yes indeed this site has most certinaly got that 'old .com feel'

:)

Richard M
13-10-2003, 00:36
I really don't know why that is Erol, you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else, it's only serious violations of our terms which will not be tolerated.

I'm not going to stop you from posting if I don't agree with what you say about broadband issues etc, that's not really very fair is it?

This place is nice and relaxed at the moment and I want it to stay that way, there's nothing wrong with the occasional mild flame war, or having a joke, or a nice debate. :)
Sometimes people do go too far though and that's when we need people to use the "Report Post" feature to let us know because we're not always around.

erol
13-10-2003, 00:50
Er it was an 'ironic' post and I am way to much of an 'old hand' on forums to not have remembered that 'irony' usualy does not work in text alone.

It was with all this chat of how great it was that this site was getting the 'old .com' feel back.

You see for me the 'old .com feel' was pretty much as I described it above. So the 'old .com feel' is not something I was keen to 'have back' if you see what I mean.

I was not suggesting that the above desciption was how this site actualy was. I was just trying to (ironicaly ?) point out that for some of us the 'old .com feel' is not something we want back.

So far I have had no problems here and hope it stays that way, which I ma sure it will

Peace :)

Shaun
13-10-2003, 01:12
I liked the old .com feeling, I DON'T like the feeling over there now, and thats partly down to you Erol, with Kitty and co. constantly at each others throats. Thats why I don't visit there much now.

I just hope that you and your 'friends' don't bring the arguments over here, 'cos as Roger said above it's nice and relaxed at the moment and thats the way we want to keep it.

erol
13-10-2003, 01:21
I liked the old .com feeling, I DON'T like the feeling over there now, and thats partly down to you Erol, with Kitty and co. constantly at each others throats. Thats why I don't visit there much now.

I am sorry that my post there have affected your enjoyment of the forum and for that I appologise. However in some small measure of defence I do feel that 'constantly at each other throats' is a little harsh. The spat between me and kitty was 2-4 posts on a single thread, amongst maybe 50-60 posts elsewhere that were not at anyones 'throat'.

I just hope that you and your 'friends' don't bring the arguments over here, 'cos as Roger said above it's nice and relaxed at the moment and thats the way we want to keep it.

What can I say ? Shall I offer to leave ? If I disagree with something and it's a topic I am interested in I 'say my piece'. I try my best to explain my position as cleraly as possible and back up why I think the way that I do (even when I get drawn into 'personal' stuff). I am not sure that I can actualy change that even if I wanted to, it's just the way I am built. So short of 'leaving' I really do not know what to say.

Richard M
13-10-2003, 02:05
Er it was an 'ironic' post and I am way to much of an 'old hand' on forums to not have remembered that 'irony' usualy does not work in text alone.

Maybe a well placed ;) smiley would have helped. ;)

Undisputedtruth
13-10-2003, 23:37
I really don't know why that is Erol, you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else, it's only serious violations of our terms which will not be tolerated.

I'm not going to stop you from posting if I don't agree with what you say about broadband issues etc, that's not really very fair is it?

This place is nice and relaxed at the moment and I want it to stay that way, there's nothing wrong with the occasional mild flame war, or having a joke, or a nice debate. :)
Sometimes people do go too far though and that's when we need people to use the "Report Post" feature to let us know because we're not always around.

I can remember Craig J saying the above to me only to suspend me from nthw.com for little or no reason.

Tiptoes
15-10-2003, 05:05
Copy of my post on .com

Hope not this site is fine as it is

Dont know and dont care NTL are my main provider but now Ive found Direct Line of sight on a WiFi station I couldnt give a monkeys arse.

Dont really care, feel sorry for Frank though and how he has been treated.

No they will lie through their back teeth as long as they are being paid wages.

Dont Know, cant be a bad thing if it did but I wont be dependent on any forum for my social interactions, Like some (Eh Craig)

DISCUSS

No never. Bottom Lines come first along with those at the top of the ladder.

It is one reasons my in law is the highest paid CEO in the UK.

Page
15-10-2003, 06:57
I can remember Craig J saying the above to me only to suspend me from nthw.com for little or no reason.

I seem to recall that too :(

Chris
15-10-2003, 09:47
No never. Bottom Lines come first along with those at the top of the ladder.

It is one reasons my in law is the highest paid CEO in the UK.
What, you're BK's son in law? :D

Tod
15-10-2003, 13:04
The only reason I find to post on the .com site is that with it being a NTL owned site you may be getting more of a point over to them to sort out their problems. The death of .com will come due to all the "i love NTL, it's perfect brigade", because everything you object to as a customer, they try to compare to the SKY package as an excuse!