PDA

View Full Version : New 2mb BB install

friendfire
22-07-2005, 13:23
Hello All,

More advise needed..sorry! had 2mb broadband installed last week, well sort off, had the modem plugged in and stuff but the engineer said that it will not work until this Wednesday due to upgrades and stuff ( he was very good by the way). Anyhow been trying to set it up since wednesday and had no joy, so wanted to check to see if it has anything to do with upgrade or not.

Basicly i follow the instructions on CD, plug ethernet cable in when told etc. and get prompted for name, pin number, phone number etc. click next and after a few moments i get a message saying that it could not authenticate, and the option to retry.

Now any ideas if this indeed because of the upgrades? i was told they would be done by wednesday so i am starting to wonder if it is anything else instead causing the problem.

I am in the tring area, postcode HP23 if that is any clue.

Many Thanks in advance

Cheers
Mick

maverick
22-07-2005, 13:56
quit the installer direct your browser to 80.5.178.26 and follow reg from there.

friendfire
22-07-2005, 14:01
ahh good tip Mate, thanks! do you reckon this will work then? currently at work unfortunately so i can not try till later.

Thanks
Mick

maverick
22-07-2005, 14:05
That should work fine,all upgrades are finished reg server is online,error your getting is a known software problem with the disc.

Just load the 80.5.178.26 reg pages in your browser and follow the on screen instructions from there,any probs when you get home call tech support on 0845 650 0121 open untill midnight.

friendfire
22-07-2005, 14:07
probably gonna sound dumb here so apologies in advance, but as i do not have broadband up and running would i have to use dial up etc. to access the reg server through browser? also would it just be a case of putting that IP in the address bar?

Cheers
Mick

maverick
22-07-2005, 14:10
probably gonna sound dumb here so apologies in advance, but as i do not have broadband up and running would i have to use dial up etc. to access the reg server through browser? also would it just be a case of putting that IP in the address bar?

Cheers
Mick

You probably already have a temp ip address so as soon as you enter the ip in the address bar and click go it should load the reg pages,if it does not check you have an ip address,what version of windows have you got?

friendfire
22-07-2005, 14:13
Using XP Prof.

Cheers
Mick

maverick
22-07-2005, 14:16
Using XP Prof.

Cheers
Mick

check the modem light status has rdy and sync lights solid,switch on pc.click start>control panel>network connections>look for a local area connection>double click on that>select support tab>the ip address should end in 249_255 if it does then your online and can then go and reg,if it has an ip beginning 169 then reboot the modem wait 2 mins then the pc and try again.If all this fails call tech support.

friendfire
22-07-2005, 14:17
Cheers for all the info Maverick, will let you know how i get on.

Many Thanks

Mick

maverick
22-07-2005, 14:19
No problem let us know if it works

friendfire
22-07-2005, 16:29
Oh well no joy.....got the following message;

Invalid account information

We are sorry but there is a discrepancy in your order details, and you will need to call our customer support team to complete your order. Please contact our customer support on 0800 052 2000 for help.

When you call customer support, you may be asked for the following information: Application ntlworld via ntl: Broadband Internet registration

Which means they have given me the wrong PIN number or something...quite frustrating.

Thanks
Mick

maverick
22-07-2005, 17:57
this is a problem with the database but can be fixed easliy by cs,give them or tech support a call